Essential Core Skills Rebalance II: Electric Bungalow

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thanks for the feetback, Leot! I'll playtest it a little and see if I get the same results. It may well need to be toned down again. :) I have to admit, I forgot that they layer on top of one another. That's a bit disconcerting.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Having difficulty with the mod - installed it according to instructions, and now just getting an eternal black screen when I load up Dredmor. Currently using Mac OS X, accessing Dredmor through Steam. Please advise.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Have Steam verify the game cache and try again. If you get the same issue, let me know.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Slightly different error - I can now play, but the rebalance isn't loading. As far as I can tell, the skillDB and spellDB are still where they should be. Any advice?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

Sorry, by 'try again' I meant do the whole 'unzip the ECSRII file' again after you verified the game cache.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kaja Rainbow

Kaja Rainbow Member

A bunch of cool ideas, but it occurred to me that Magic Training's Master Spell potentially has the same problem Killing Blow did: you can do things that use haywire and magic power without it expiring. I'm thinking in particular of wands and missile weapons that scale off magic power. Maybe gish builds that focus on magic-based procs on attacks. Plus a lot of things use haywire even if they don't use magic power. Making it expire on all those things, though, might severely diminish its usability. At least the things that use up the Killing Blow effect generally benefit from it.

By the way, is that Master Spell a reference to the Master of Magic game? If so, awesome. I used to invest a lot of time into that game.

7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think that weapon skills need some flavor text in the skill selection screen. Since, yeah, swords were always the loved one, while daggers and polearms took advantage of being younger.

8. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

About the Weapons skills: Not enough EDR, could use some more proc effects. IDK if you've changed this since you posted that link.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

How many procs, since those changes?
    Where do you think it misses EDR?
    Because I don't see those lacks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yep, he made many changes after those times.
    I think I can recall his changes, but I'll do this when I'll have more time, ^^

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Apparently the changes must be hidden somewhere not on the first page.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The descriptions need a little update.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Leot

Leot Member

Was the +40 xp whenever I use the Rogue Scientist gas canister skill intentional?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

If it's a bug, then it's probably because the canister itself counts as a mob/entity.

16. Leot

Leot Member

No, I understand that, but if it is given an experience value than it probably also procs on death effects as well.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Leot

Leot Member

I have played many builds at this point using this mod and I must say: fantastic all around. All my old builds are new and fresh and require new strategies.

I message to say that the -20 Accuracy from dual wield is very very harsh at the beginning, requiring so many levels into it before you are even at a positive value. If the -20 could be reduced to -15 this would help make it more viable early game than. It is very frustrating to be swashbuckling crows and not hit them once when I am level 3 and they are... well.... crows.

As it is the skill now requires you to devote the first few levels to it, but the skill itself doesn't add the needed oomph the first few levels need in order to survive.

Arron Syaoran and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Recently, I've noticed that Unarmed's first skill no longer gives the Bully Stance buff, although its still in the skill description. It used to do this, and I haven't reinstalled the mod or anything since then. I can only think that the recent Dredmor patch is to blame.
    Also, there are several things in the mod that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread. For instance, most of the weapon skills are different to what is advertised, and the changelist in the OP doesn't mention anything to do with them. Solar Inscription isn't working as advertised, either- the mine is one-time use and does not give monsters a buff. Also, burn effects still exist rather than triggering On Fire. Is this just because of the recent patch? Is there anything I can do about it?

19. Update: I reinstalled the mod, it's all working fine now. I have no idea what the problem was, but it seems to be fixed now. Oh well!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Hey guys, I'd love to give this mod a try - looks like amazing work, Essence - I'm just wondering, since I have to swap files out, how it sits with 1.14? Will I lose things the patch added, or has this been being updated alongside all the betas etc?

OmniaNigrum likes this.