STEAAAAMMMMMMM!!!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by MOOMANiBE, Jul 11, 2013.

1. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I bought five games already. .....D: D: D: *DIES*

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think I have waited long enough for Skyrim. $35 is more than I wanted to pay, but that should be weeks or even months of playtime.

Am I ever not broke? It seems not. Kill me now...

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I have bought nothing.

You complain about money all the time, yet you just bought a game when it wasn't the daily, i.e. at its highest discount.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Are you saying I was likely to get it for much less without waiting another year? Damnit! I blame my cat.

Yeah. I do complain a lot about money. But as I have said before, there is a reason I have a representative payee to accept my income and make sure I do not starve to death by buying too much stuff I can live without. Disregard my whining. I apologize. :(

5. MOOMANiBE

When you keep a wishlist as large as I do it's not hard to find good indie games on sale :V

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's more a case of hourly deals = smaller discount than daily deals. I reckon you would have got it easily half-off if you had waited, or even better - waited for the base game to drop then got the DLC in later sales. Spread out the cost, etc.

Of course I could be wrong.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Well, the difference between the 40% off price of $36 and the 50% off price of $30 is not too bad for the moment. But Bethesda sure waits a while before things get as cheap as I would prefer. (Not that I have any right to whine. They *DO* make publish great games. I would whine if someone gave me a bag of cash...)

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Skyrim came down in price really quickly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

By the way, what is the deal with these "Trading Cards" that Steam is giving away with purchases? Are they used for something, or just another shiny useless thing to try to draw sales?

10. MOOMANiBE

You can combine them into badges for your profile, which has a chance of unlocking emoticons and profile backgrounds. It's all cosmetic. I put my cards up on the market but their price is diving so I doubt they'll sell. If they don't, oh well.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Any way I can just give them away? I have no interest in playing this game of badges and such. (I only see a sell option for them, but I do not want money for them.)

13. MOOMANiBE

I'm sure there'll be some people on the forums who want em. hell, I'll take em if no one else wants them.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I will put them up for sale. But I have no idea if they can be sold to a specific person or if they just sell to whoever makes an offer first. I have three at the moment. All will be sold for the lowest value that Steam will accept. (Zero will be my first number obviously.)

*Edit* Sold in less time than it took to list. And it took mere seconds to list each one.

15. Aegho

Aegho Member

So I've bought so far: borderlands 2 dlcs: psycho, mechromancer, creature slaughter dome(all borderlands 2 stuff currently on 66% off flash sale), dragon age origins ultimate edition, and defiance.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Haaa me too; I'm probably going to have to drag them to the bank to get me more money into my personal account because oops steam sales snuck up on me >.< Anyway my experience is 'little enough money that its uncomfortable to live on' is a significantly higher threshhold than 'too little money to afford steam sales'. (Besides, if anything is going to help make being poor more tolerable..... XP)

I've got three games already (and one of them--Dark Souls--wasn't even an impulse purchase!) (I'd been waiting for a sale because I wasn't sure how much mods would fix things with the port up and didn't want to risk full price.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

So far: Nothing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Billick

Billick Member

I haven't seen anything I want on daily/flash deal yet. I'll probably get Legendary Heroes, Fez, Eador, maybe Torchlight 2 if it goes 75% off. I'm sure there will be some impulse buys in there too.

Edit: bought Fez and FE:LE

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. I bought Scribblenauts yesterday and I had one of the songs stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I'm mostly looking forward to Crusader Kings II and Shogun 2 to go on sale so I can buy their DLC.

Edit: Here's today's stuff btw http://puu.sh/3BdVe.jpg http://puu.sh/3BdVx.jpg

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Only 1 so far: Antichamber (cuz I already picked up the Humble Bundle).

OmniaNigrum likes this.