Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

I don't think anybody is trying :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Oh one other thing, this bug was around before the crafting filters got added, so the bug wasn't introduced by that.

Exile and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

... hah, finally fixed the damned dual wielding.

What a fun evening I'm having!

Exile, SkyMuffin, JimJam707 and 4 others like this.
  4. Nicholas

Beta 1.1.4 rev 2 is up. Changelog to follow after lunch.

5. Wootah

Wootah Member

You are amazing Nicholas. If I weren't working 3 part time jobs AND planning for a wedding, I would do a lot more testing for you.
    I will try to get a few hours in on this (allotted stress relief goes to DoD).

SkyMuffin, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  6. Nicholas

That would be good. Essentially, I can't put the new beta up until somebody gives me some sort of culpability vis-a-vis it blowing up or not, so really all we are waiting on right now for 1.1.4 is testers.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

Very Minor bug report. Diggles Ain't Digging anymore.
    Version: 1.1.4 Revision 2
    No Mods.

Description
    New character. Floors 1-3 completed.
    All diggles encountered don't dig. I remember there being a discussion about flagging diggles in contained areas so they didn't escape, but did all the digging get intentionally shut off or is this unintended?

I went up to floor 1 and wandered for 30 minutes letting diggles chase me, using hoglanterns to vanish, and then re-engage. Never did one dig. The only time I can't be sure was after opening the zoo on Level 3, Backed out and retraced my path and found a Commando diggle behind me which MIGHT have dug out from the zoo, but I can't be sure since it was invisible.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Nicholas

Digging diggles has been disabled for basic diggles, and any diggle that is spawned by a script. So you won't start seeing digging until lower levels.

I think I also turned off digging if you're a vegan.

Exile, Turbo164, mining and 2 others like this.
  9. Wootah

Wootah Member

Excellent. I am not a vegan, so I anticipate testing this at lower levels.
    Other than that, things have been playing quite well for me.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

I tried to download the beta from steam and convert="1" wasn't working. Then I tried with the files in the op and it wasnt either.
    Since I don't know how to check what version of the game I'm using I'm guessing none of them are 1.1.4 R2.

Could this related to the fact that I don't have the Wizardland expansion ?

Here is the code I'm using.
    <itemDB>
    <item name="Small Crossbow" convert="1">
    <primaryBuff id="2" amount="77"/>
    </item>

<item name="Fine Linen Shirt" convert="1">
    <primaryBuff id="1" amount="77"/>
    </item>
    </itemDB>
    I tried with secondaryBuff too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Wootah

Wootah Member

Dead Invis Treant.png

I have something odd to show off, but definitely not worth trying to fix. I still don't know what happened.
    Invisible Treant? I killed the treant up above (by the lever) and a little bit later the invisible outline appeared, presumably for the dead treant directly above it (no treant was killed where my cursor is at).

Corpse decayed and everything was fine.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

[Edit] Ok nevermind, not a bug but still weird looking [/Edit]

I just enter a room and there's that weird thing with the doors ...

dredmor bug.PNG

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Wootah

Wootah Member

Interesting. I have never ever seen this.
    Do you have a room mod that has rooms that have larger gaps than doors normally use?

14. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

Nope. I only had two mods adding a bit of crafts and new items. Nothing related to rooms.

15. I've seen that before, and I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, just unfortunate placing of the rooms. What looks like a door with 2 left sides is actually one regular closed door on the northern side, and the side of the opened door, opened from the west.

16. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

Right after leaving the pocket dimension I get 3 diggles spawning next to me at full health then they die. Right in the same turn. And they still have 1hp left. Could be related to the digging diggles. Also confirming that I'm not using the last version of the beta which is supposed to be on steam.

dredmor bug2 01.PNG dredmor bug2 02.PNG

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. That's pretty common. They're not really alive, the animation just plays once and pauses. It only happens to already dead monsters. It's also not uncommon for monsters to be shown as having 1 HP after death, for some reason. It doesn't affect anything functionally as far as I can tell, it's just a little annoying.

18. Kawauso

Kawauso Member

But they weren't there when I entered the pocket dimension. They appeared after and died.

On a side note, using wands as a werediggle :
    dredmor bug3.PNG

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Nicholas

WereDiggles have a correct wand animation. I'm not sure why it's not being used here... taking a look?

Exile, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  20. rydash

rydash Member

OH YEAH THAT'S THE THING THAT STILL WASN'T HOOKED UP! I, uh...

...was supposed to check that a few weeks ago...but forgot what animation.

Wootah and OmniaNigrum like this.