FAXPAX: A Thing What Fax Made

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

It will if you're using the ECSRII. It just activates Abyssal Fire, which I changed to last forever. I'll change the item so that it activates a special version that still has a timer. :)

(Oh, yeah: Fax gave me permission to take over his stuff.)

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Leot

Leot Member

I'm glad to hear that FaxPax is going to get some of the love it deserves. I love the skills, but at times the items and skills cause a CTD error upon death or reload.

3. Essence

yeah, if anyone finds something that crashes (Fax said that Wildfire and Pox/Plague bombs do, but he didn't know what else), please report it here so I can fix it up. :)

4. Safezor

Safezor Member

Ahoy :D Haven't played DoD for a while now and had a crash error that may be related to FaxPax. (if this is mentioned and remedied in any of the 20 something pages before this one I apologise).

Using the steamworks feature for loading modpacks.

I've had similar troubles like this in the past with games crashing when entering certain rooms (as FP adds no rooms, my thoughts were this was a problem with Interior Dredmorating but after doing an isolation test (and having no problems) and the error I received today I'm thinking there may be a conflict between FP and ID?

In the past I've been able to reload an old autosave when the game crashes and just avoid that room, however this time around, when I try to load a previous save the game reports that the save file may be corrupted or incomplete and is unable to load mod FaxPax. EDIT- This was a new save that was made about 10 minutes before the crash, to my knowledge, in that time, no updates or changes were made to the modpack.

I've checked in my mod list, FP is definitely enabled. I can start a new game and the mod is loaded.

I wasn't using any of the skills from this modpack at the time of the crash. If I had to hazard a a guess at where the problem may exist - Whichever modpack adds that garden with the dragon whelps. You can make a sacrifice on their altar for items. That room, for some reason, is stuck in my head and is probably where I've seen this issue. I'm pretty sure while running FP I never saw one of these rooms (as game would crash).

Hope this helps :S

5. Essence

If you're trying to reload an autosave, the 'missing or incomplete' usually indicates that the author has updated the mod since the autosave was created. Non-auto saves don't have that issue.

Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and I don't understand from your post what was going on when the game crashed. Was it on door open? Item use? Level generation? Skill gain?

Kazeto likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Rooms are generated upon floor creation, not room entry. Opening a room generates monsters and loot: if a crash happens there, that's what its from.

7. Safezor

Safezor Member

It's upon opening the room. So possibly a problem with monster or loot. I'll play around a bit more and try to pinpoint when these crashes are occurring.

I must note that I am using a lot of mods simultaneously which I'm sure doesn't help my case... In saying that; should I be researching a thread with a list of mod conflicts? Or do these conflicts not usually arise/are easily fixed?

EDIT -
    New game started. Mods Loaded -
    More Dred
    Compleat Essentials
    FaxPax
    Galactic Hitchhiker
    Interior Dredmorating
    Rogueish Renovation
    Runecaster
    Jays Mega Phenome Mod
    A Debacle of Diggles.

Going Rogue, Permadeath, Smaller Floors, 15 Floors, COTW.
    First Floor explored entirely. Moving to floor two - CTD
    Reloaded an earlier autosave and tried another stairs - Successful transition to level 2
    Playing through level 2, just open door to a hallway, iron golem kills a diggle (blue, non standard, possibly farmer or chef?) CTD.
    Reloaded a previous savegame, I'm finishing off a few stragglers on lev 2, killed a purple diggle - CTD
    Reloaded again, Returned to same point. The diggle wasnt there unfortunately. successful transition to third floor.
    Currently farming constructs on level 3 before I proceed any further as permadeath is on. will edit this post when I hit another CTD
    Augh- died; killed by my own stupidity -_-

8. Essence

CTDs upon monster death? Wait -- wasn't Debacle of Diggles mostly already added to YHTNTEP? That might be the cause of your on-monster-death problems -- if you have both Debacle and YHTNTEP with identically-named monsters and spells.

9. FaxCelestis

Oh man I don't know if I ever took those out of ADoD. That would totally do it.

10. Safezor

Safezor Member

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it. I'll turn off ADoD and all should be well. :D

11. TJSlipperman

TJSlipperman Member

I just put in the latest version of FaxPax, but I also have Fax's Vaults of Maslech mod with the Dungeon Delver skill installed and I seem to be getting the Haunted abilities instead of the DD ones when I use that skill...are they both under the same skill ID?

(EDIT: After reading through the thread for the Vaults mod and finding out about its instability/crashing issues, I probably should disable that mod for the time being. I quite like the Dungeon Delver skill, too... :/ )

12. FaxCelestis

Don't worry, Vaults is next.

TJSlipperman likes this.
  13. Essence

Yes. I have even wrangled in the help of the Bergstrom to get the Vaults out to you awesome folk as polished as we can make it. :)

TJSlipperman likes this.
  14. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

"Dr.Sanin's Diptheria in A Bottle" makes the game lag for some reason

Arron Syaoran and Kazeto like this.
  15. mining

mining Member

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

Arron Syaoran and Kazeto like this.
  16. Essence

Not anymore -- if you're using the latest FaxPax (I'm not sure if Fax has put it up or not) the new code for all of those spreading bombs is all me. So feel free to yell at me.

Arron Syaoran, mining and Kazeto like this.
  17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Essence-dear, you miss the point. And so badly at that I'm wondering if you were even trying to aim at it.

18. Essence

Cheerfully ignorant, my friend. Cheerfully ignorant.

mining and Kazeto like this.
  19. FaxCelestis

I have. The workshop is current to 0.9i.

20. Mochan

Mochan Member

Does the new version fix the crash issues with Wildfire, Dr. Sanin's New-Style Diphtheria, and Essence's Essentially Emasculating Pox? In addition, I seem to have stumbled across a bug where the game crashes whenever I try to get into Diggle Hell. All the other graffiti destinations seem to work so far, only Diggle Hell crashes. That said... I also have the Essence Complete pack installed... not sure which one is causing the crash.