Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't necessarily hate it (my, it's such a dirty word), but I do agree it's the devil's spawn. Which is why it will be fun to play when it's finally out.

mining likes this.
  2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You can use Dual Wielding to indefinitely raise your stats, apparently. Tried to attach a save file but it did not seem to work. Keep unequipping and requipping one of a weapon you are skilled in while dual wielding weapons of those type and watch what happens.

With this exploit, I now have 200 magic power and am quite enjoying instantly killing things with my one magic-power-scaling spell (Venomous Rain, from the druid mod). I also have more than that of block and EDR and thus can melee magic golems fearlessly.

To make him atone for his sin, I sent him to diggle hell, where he died from eventually walking on his own 307:magic_power:-backed spell mine. I still have the old file zipped up somewhere for when I find myself able to upload it in the future.

Additionally, repeatedly entering the pocket dimension while inside of a Brax store appears to mess up the game music after a while, eventually leading to a crash.

Exile and mining like this.
  3. firecat666

firecat666 Member

apparently the bug with stats stacking when equipping/removing a second weapon of the same type you're using appeared when they nerfed dual wield to give 1/2 of the stat bonuses from the weapon skill when you equip the second weapon. note that this bug has absolutely nothing to do with the dual wield SKILL, it has to do with the dual wielding mechanic interacting with weapon skills, specifically with those that have more than one level that give an odd amount of some primary/secondary stat. the bug doesn't affect damage bonuses or resists.

the calculations get pretty weird. for example, if you have 4 sword skill levels and the skill gives 3 EDR on the first level, 2 on the second and 1 on the third and fourth, the first sword you equip will give you 3+2+1+1 EDR and the second with give half of 3+2+1+1 rounded down, but when you unequip it, instead of losing 3+2+1+1 rounded down, you'll lose half of 3 rounded down + half of 2 rounded down + half of 1 rounded down + half of 1 rounded down, resulting in a net increase of 1 every time you equip a second sword.

on another example, if you have maxed mace and the skill gives 1 melee power on all six skill level, the second mace you equip will give half of 1+1+1+1+1+1 rounded down melee power, but when you unequip it you'll lose half of 1 rounded down times six, which is zero (and not half of 1+1+1+1+1+1 rounded down, which is 3), making your attack power increase by 3 every time you equip a second mace.

I'm not sure if there's a way to alter how the mechanic works. I fixed this bug in my game by redistributing/increasing/decreasing stat gains in weapon skills so that at most only one skill level gives an odd amount of any character stat and all other levels give an even number.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Pacified monsters do not stop pursuing the player, although will not attack. When reloading the savegame, they turn hostile again. Sometimes this also happens with animals as a vegan, although they do not become hostile when reloading.

Exile and Kazeto like this.
  5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

bugmor.png

Is this the bug, or is the usual behavior of summons cancelling each other the bug?

Also as everyone probably noticed by now Zombefecation, Release the Hounds, and Infernal Contract can be quite unpredictable, sometimes summoning only one monster or none. Might be something fundamental with how summons work.

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I'm on a roll here. Three step path to crashing your dredmor problem:

Use kung fu on the middle of a door
    Kick down the right of the door
    Lockpick the left of the doooOOH GOD CRASH

Exile and SkyMuffin like this.
  7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Frying Pan.png

Dredmor vacation photos for you all.

I'm pretty sure that you're not supposed to be able to knock items on water so it most likely did spawn there. Of course this could be perfectly intentional and just be bergstrom's fault

8. borsook

borsook Member

And what's the problem with that? There are two skills that allow you to collect it. You want to steal the fun from vampires?

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

"Beta Feedback" thread. Therefore, there doesn't need to be any problem for him to post about it here - it is sufficient that the situation which occurred was not supposed to happen, regardless of whether it caused any problems or not.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Killing enemies over water (whether they were pushed or can fly) will result in items like this all the time. I am not sure If I have ever knocked stuff over the water, but it is a bit of a pain.

Kazeto likes this.
  11. borsook

borsook Member

Maybe I have not formed my question correctly, I meant that to me it seems to be wad

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

To start with, I want to say that I have no idea what you mean by "wad".

So I will simply go back and say it once again, using different words (and using more of them).

The situation presented by Kaidelong is one which was not supposed to happen - items are not supposed to spawn over water, nor are they supposed to be "throwable" into water. Thus, regardless of whether there are any skills allowing him to collect them or not, and regardless of whether it is a "problem" for the player or not, it is something which has its own place here, in the "Beta Feedback" thread.

Also, in case you failed to notice it (so that you would not try to waste time on it unnecessarily if the whole thing was caused by me failing at that once again) - I have a horrible sense of humour, including joke detection capability, so I seldom notice jokes for being jokes and instead take them word for word; therefore, trying to make me see a joke when I failed to do it is likely to be a fool's errand. Especially now, due to me pretty much overworking myself for the last 2 weeks for whatever reason (today was, quite frankly, my first day off this month).
    And the point is, whatever you wanted to convey, you can either try to be as direct as possible or simply ignore me for the time being. The latter being the preferred choice if you were simply joking.

13. borsook

borsook Member

WAD - working as designed. I.e. I meant that items on the water can be retrieved, and actually there are two skills making this possible, the game trying never to place them in such location would take away some of the fun.

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Then I will just say this is not "WAD". The skills are for taking items from "islands" and from within rooms you don't want/can't get into [right now], and the items weren't supposed to appear over water.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

New beta up. None of the fixes are me, but I believe Triolo put in a new animation and David did some other work.

Does anybody know if the dual wielding stat madness bug happens in 1.1.2 or not? I'm not going to hold up the release ofthe patch to the official stream if it's an old bug, but if it's a new bug I should nip it in the bud.

16. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Why not just disable the second (modified) weapon wielding buff outright and be done with it? IE rather than trying to halve the bonuses, just apply the bonus once.

Exile likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Mainly for not breaking something else.

18. Wootah

Wootah Member

I just downloaded a 1.1 MB patch and my current version listed is 1.14
    What was in it?
    Did you 'fix' Sapphire Ring of the Deepest Skies Because my tankiness seems to have dropped significantly.

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, we did.

Turbo164 and Kazeto like this.
  20. Wootah

Wootah Member

(Well shoot I should have beat it)

So what other changes are in the patch?