The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. pizdabol

pizdabol Member

Well, I wasn't sure if the mark thing was a bug either, but it seems pretty imbalanced despite the weakness to holy damage, since you can cancel all your mark buffs the minute you spot a holy damage dealing enemy without any penalties whatsoever.

As for Brax, if you've bothered to look at the screenshots, it is painstakingly obvious that A LOT of turns have passed and Brax is still sitting with his thumb up his-whatever. I've just tested it with spacial instability potions in 1.1.3, still works exactly as I have described above (except I had to drink like 10 potions before the RNG sent me outside the shop).
    Passing turns does nothing, spellcasting does nothing, attacking monsters does nothing, ONLY NORMAL MOVEMENT WITH STOLEN GOODS OUTSIDE THE SHOP SETS OF THE DREAD COLLECTORS. All tested, except interaction with chests/doors/levers, though I'm willing to bet that won't set them off either.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It was a bug. It's no longer present, but in the version you are playing it was possible, via changing the floor, to make DoD lose sight of the buff stack limit and thus allow you to cast limited buffs indefinitely for as long as you kept changing floors.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Shen

Shen Member

I'm not sure if these two things are truly considered bugs, but I don't think they are what was intended for the game.

First, I noticed that in DL 11-15 that there is very poor construction of the layout of the walls/floor in general. In a fair handful of rooms it was possible to get to the next room by walking around sections of the door (show in the first two pictures - note that in the second one I took a picture after I had explored a little bit in the room without opening the door). Some of the time I found the walls as such, but at other times they were created by using Sandstorm (which is strange, because it should not have the ability to do so). In the third picture I can see the items inside of a shop even though I have never accessed that area of the map.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And second, I discovered that in the inventory there are additional spaces to the right of the last right column (I can't describe it well in words - check out the pictures).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. BDR1985

BDR1985 Member

Hey guys, thought it should be noted that Brax does not try to block the doorway nor ding you for stealing if the item or stack you pick up stacks with items in your possession even if you are in the store while you're doing it. This means that if, say, you had a stack of bolts of mass destruction or clockwork sawblades, you could sell and reclaim all but one of that stack from an empty pedestal over and over again until you have all the wealth you could ever want and more. This glitch works on literally anything that stacks so even the blood magic/ley walker/magic training/vampire/deadshot/etc. characters could have infinite wealth eventually.

5. Articubone

Articubone Member

All of a sudden, I'm getting this bug, which is listed as fixed on the front page:
    I was playing 10 hours ago, it was all fine, then I turned off DoD and put the computer to sleep. Open up the same save file in the morning, and now it crashes... haven't touched anything else that might have affected it. Very odd. Have never had this bug before when using this ring.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. JimJam707

JimJam707 Member

Not sure if this is a bug or what but I crafted a Fine Iron Mace into a Magma Mace, and for some reason the Magma Mace has 2:dmg_necromatic: on it. The Iron mace was Enchanted with an Anvil of Krong but only to give 1:melee_power:.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The enchantments on the weapon used in a recipe don't matter. And the magma mace is an artefact, so it gets a random bonus when you craft it (and this case, part of the bonus was +2 to necromatic damage).

OmniaNigrum and JimJam707 like this.
  8. JimJam707

JimJam707 Member

Thank you for clearing that up.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Jason Trout

Jason Trout Member

All the bugs that I can think of.

1) unarmed combat bonuses are retained if you are in a non-human form, even if you wield a weapon (bat form and diggle form from the vampire and werediggle, specifically, are confirmed to have this). I hope this is a "feature", as I have a successful character exploiting this :D
    2) when using werediggle's "the mighty auger" to dig out walls, the texture on the walls can shift randomly.
    3) when using werediggle's "the mighty auger" to dig out walls, the minimap updates the new open paths, but not the wall bordering on the new open paths. This is more obvious when digging between rooms very far away.
    4) in the skill selection screen, choosing one of the skills from the Wizardlands expansion will sometimes cause the picture of the first skill chosen to disappear.

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Just found one, this has probably been reported, but if you go to the Pocket Dimension while working on a Monster Zoo, upon returning to the Dungeon, you get normal music instead of Monster Zoo music, the Monster Zoo counter is gone, and upon clearing the Zoo, you don't get any reward.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is not a bug. It is quite intentional. If you leave the level by any means before wiping the zoo then you forfeit the reward.

Exile, Kazeto and Turbo164 like this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Got a couple.

Sprite/item 'layers' don't always work correctly, not to mention occasionally it seems 'death' sprites/animations don't entirely seem to manifest correctly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and as of CotW, you can move the Wizardland... um... wordy key things, like you can statues, portals, etc.
    [​IMG]

Kazeto likes this.
  13. Mabeso

Mabeso Member

Electrical strike proc from Anvil of Krong's "...shocks your enemies with bolts of electrical energy" enchantment seems to freeze the game exactly like the Amber Ring bug did on high speeds.

14. Ahhh. I guess that makes sense. Maybe there should be a "are you sure you want to do this?" notice or something though.

One other thing I've noticed though, is that when using Seismic Uppercut on a target, the log throws up "Your spell does no damage!" messages even when the target monster's health bar does, in fact, drop.

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The "spell" has more than just one damage-inflicting sub-effect, and one of its sub-effects deals damage low enough for it to be nullified pretty much always you use it. Which means that the message is correct, albeit somewhat redundant in this case.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Well, not really. It is, after all, a roguelike. It's not meant to hold your hand, give you a pat on the head and cuddle you. It's meant to be vague and unfair (though admittedly Dredmor is one of the more player friendly titles).

And if you think about it, the game is actually telling you that you can't exploit the Zoo and get the reward. No running down/up floors to heal and recover, no hiding in your pocket dimension to restock, etc. You're punished for being unprepared, unlucky or, well, you're just being punished.

Kazeto likes this.
  17. Heh. Fair enough.

Something else I just found, though: Brax insists I don't have enough money to buy these, when my Zorkmid count is, in fact, above the price.

Attached Files:

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I can't remember if the price is for one unit or two. If it's for one then no, you don't, as 2x1324 is 2648.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Ah. I thought it showed the price for the whole quantity, not per.

(And the Dredmor wiki claims Bonzai Bombs only cost 320...!)

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That's their base price, I believe. It doesn't take into account Brax's takings nor the difficulty of the game.