ASCII Invasion ~ playtesters requested!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by OneMoreNameless, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Zeke

Zeke Member

Hi, I've been playing this mod for quite some time and I have a minor complaint with the Floating Eye enemies. Early on, if one hits you, it stuns you and summons a bunch of other eyes that generally just fuck over my day.

I know this is probably intentional, but is there any real reason why this happens?

Like, background of the monster, etc?

Edit: Looked at the Bestiary. Sorry.

Still a pain in the ass, Bravo sir.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This is a very good mod. However shouldn't the Fallen Wizard be a letter "N" with a tilde over it instead of an "F", being a spirit and all?

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Speaking of which, if you ever decide to add more monster groups to the beastiary, I'd love to see "ñ is for Night Creature" and "& is for demon".

Another possibility would be weapons that are simply represented by forward slashes (or maybe the weapon really is a forward slash), and traps that, when revealed, look like "^" or ""

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Also, the "doomed" condition doesn't seem to work as described. I waited an interminable number of turns for it to damage a foe and it didn't do anything.

EDIT: :oops:Oops! Sorry for the triple post!

5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Love the mod, and have been using it off and on for a bit now. I am SOOOO glad that U does not stand for Umber Hulk lol. They were my bane in Rogue.

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

There's some kind of crash when I try to fire a bolt of squid into the monster zoo on the ice level.

I'd upload the save that I luckily made shortly before doing this (and It happened again when I tried it a second time after reloading the save BTW), but for some reason I get an error message when I try to attach it.

7. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Using this mod right now. I love this mod so much, mostly because it gives me more things to get killed by. All I gotta say is keep working on it and add more creatures. For some reason I want D to also stand for dragon so when you get to like floor 10+, the description is like, "What's a dog doing down here? Oh wait, its a dragon! RUUUUNNNNNN!"

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

the craftDB entry:

<craft>
    <output skill="3" name="Gentleman's Dualing Wand" amount="1"/>
    <tool tag="lathe"/>
    <input name="Burnt Out Wand"/>
    <input name="Spring-loaded Power Core"/>
    <input name="Aquamarine"/>
    <input name="Azure Mob-Bonnet"/>
    </craft>

should be changed to read:

<craft>
    <output skill="3" name="Gentleman's Dueling Wand" amount="1"/>
    <tool tag="lathe"/>
    <input name="Burnt Out Wand"/>
    <input name="Spring-loaded Power Core"/>
    <input name="Aquamarine"/>
    <input name="Azure Mob-Bonnet"/>
    </craft>

Without this change the game is unable to find the output and crashes to the desktop when you move the mouse over the box where the output should be shown in the crafting dialog box

9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Why is the Kobold in the Vegetable taxon?

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because Kobolds are vegetables, in medical sense.

But yeah, a good find.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Damn those Floating Eyeballs... damn them all to hell. You don't know how many times I've started a new game, opened a door, and gotten rushed by an eyeball and a mob of diggles or such. SMH :p Just kidding, I love this mod keep up the good work!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I really love this mod.

But there is something that's making me wonder: why the Freed Souls buff is cancellable?

13. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Just so you know, a boss spawned on level 3 in a zoo that seemed to be invulnerable to all damage types I could dish out, except for Existential. It had helluva lot of hp, and I couldn't do more than 1 point damage per hit. I was a CK/unarmed build. I don't mind that creatures are tough (otherwise I wouldn't have used the mod), but that I thought was unbalanced.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Nani

Nani Member

I did this, but am still getting a crash every time i try to view it in game. Is there something I'm missing?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Leot

Leot Member

This is a standard in all my run throughs now. Fantastic mod!

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Trying to bug test this. It is a good mod. But the bug Haldurson ran into could be a really unlucky roll on mob creation. So far I have had no luck duplicating the bug. Anyone have any ideas?

17. Leot

Leot Member

It has happened to me as well. An Evil Chest monster spawned and dealt 58 damage to me on floor 2.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

In the "Outside The Base" room there is an issue with the following blocker:

<customblocker name="Voltaic Luminescence Lamp" png="dungeon/tech_wall_lamp_on.png" x="2" y="3" can_push="0"/>

As written, this blocker potentially spawns inside of a door. It should either be removed, relocated or at least made passable (as given the design of the sprite it would be plausible to imagine that it was simply hanging from the ceiling).

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  19. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The patchwork wand sometimes makes the game hang oddly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

You should change the sprites for the debris in The Kraken's Lair. They're hard to notice because they're the same color as the background and even if you do notice them they look like you should be able to walk over them. They hurt verisimilitude. Also, if you want invisible obstructions you should just use "X"es on the map of sprites consisting of only an alpha layer.