Dungelot - casual roguelike similar to Desktop Dungeons!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by SkyMuffin, Jan 14, 2013.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

You can play it for free here (requires Unity browser plugin)! It's not as complex and deep as DD, but right now it is quite satisfying and there's enough content to last at least 20 hours. The developer has also promised some future updates.

There is an iPhone and Android port for only $2. Definitely worth it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Played for a bit, it's amusing if a bit simple (I can see how it might be a good phone/tablet game though), and I enjoy it.

Poison traps are evil though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

yeah they are. quite a few players have already complained about the balancing for them (as well as for the lantern item).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Daynab

I would be unconvinced it existed had I not found one of these in the last floor I made it to (21). How many floors are there?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

looks like it's unlimited right now, but the dev plans to change it to a boss on floor 100, followed by unlimited play.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2629917&postcount=441

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Daynab

Wow, 100 levels. That would be kind of boring if stuff doesn't change much, but I don't know up to where new enemies appear right now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I tried the game -- it is good for short play sessions (kind of like playing solitaire or my personal casual kill-time favorite, Bejeweled 3), but it's nothing I'd want to EVER play for *100 levels(!!!)*. Even half that seems kinda steep.

BTW, I don't remember seeing a save game function -- does it save your game automatically?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

id play more of this if unity stopped crashing! (ಠ益ಠლ)

now if they finally released Desktop Dungeons already,its taking longer than FF13 versus and Kingdom Hearts 3.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i havent played the PC version much, but the iOS one doesnt (much to the chagrin of lots of people). the dev did say he felt silly for not thinking of it, and he plans on adding saves in the next update.

OmniaNigrum likes this.