Roguelike game of the year

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Haldurson, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Ascii Dreams is having their poll for Rogue-like game of the year. I know a lot of games that have been discussed in these forums (including DoD), as well as MANY others that we all may want to check out, are part of this poll (I know I'm probably going to check out more than a few over the next few months).

Anyway, I'm not campaigning for any particular game -- I don't have a stake in the results, I just thought you'd all be interested.

/edit BTW, you can vote for as many games on the list as you like. There are definitely a few there that I've enjoyed over the past year.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

These past few years have been surprisingly good for the roguelike genre, and I'm really happy about that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

i get the hint,vote for dungeons of dredmor,CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Check!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Mate!

Essence likes this.
  6. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Lol, I was NOT HINTING THAT, though judging from where I'm posting this, it wouldn't surprise me if 99 to 100% of you did vote for it. In fact, I was trying my best to avoid suggesting to you who to vote for. As I said, I don't have a stake in this.

But as Daynab mentioned, it's been a very good time for Roguelikes, so support ALL of them that you feel deserve your support. And go out and try new ones. You may discover something you like enough to vote for next year.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much - plus TOME wins every year anyway ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

9. Giygas

Giygas Member

Voted for Dungeons of Dredmor (doh) and Dwarf Fortress.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Voted for quite a bit of stuff (DoD, DF, DoomRL, FTL, BoI, and Elona+); yayness, I guess.

OmniaNigrum likes this.