Change the Demon Form/You Are The Demons ability

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Demonology is already a lame enough skill without the capstone randomly locking you out from using abilities from interesting and worthwhile skill trees.

Either make the Demon Form ability cancelable, make it not a polymorph, stop it from triggering randomly, or add a new worthwhile capstone ability after You Are The Demons that justifies taking it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Member

I think it's a little silly demon abilities are unusable in demon form. So Abyssal Fire, Infernal Contract, and Flames of the Heckforge should be unlocked at the very least. Or else fuse Abyssal Fire and Infernal Contract with demon form. You automatically summon 4 Demonic Denizen pets when you transform, and your demon form has all of the effects of Abyssal Fire along side the various bonuses it gives now. If that's not enough, boost random parts of Demon Form until it is. Make it give more attack, or armor, or something like that. Because I agree, the extra 11 damage, 1 block, and 5 armor isn't worth losing access to all of your skills

Giygas, OmniaNigrum and Bohandas like this.
  3. Wootah

Wootah Member

I agree, while the first 3 skills are anti-demon skills, the latter 3 should definitely be usable while in demon form, and and as you suggest should even be stronger.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Already done in the ECSRII. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Nacho

Nacho Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's where I got the idea. But I figured it would make me sound smarter if I passed off as my own.

That reminds me, when is ECSRII expected to come out?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

"Soon". I'm working on it in the background, but the holidays and the wrecked car are eating lots of my time.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Wootah

Wootah Member

What?? Wrecked car? I guess I don't hang around here often enough. I missed that. That totally blows. Sorry to hear.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Essence

Yeah, I don't know if I actually told the story here. I'll have to write it up tomorrow. :)

OmniaNigrum and Wootah like this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

In short, Bambi did a Kamikaze attack on his car/van while he was driving. (Or was it the misses driving?)

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

You guys know each other in that vast void of real life?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No. He mentioned it in another thread.

12. Wootah

Wootah Member

Man I thought I spent a lot of time here, but I guess I don't. I should subscribe to EVERY forum on my reader.
    I would love to meet some of the dredmor fans. I need to hit a convention... right after I get a job.

In unrelated -semi personal sidenote- my desktop hard drive completely crashed, and typically naming my new installation, I like to go for epic names. Sometimes it takes me a long time. This time however, it only took me a minute to decide the most epic name for my new install was:

DREDMOR

... Bet everyone saw that coming