Steam Cloud synchronization problem

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ilya, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Ilya

Ilya Member

Hello.
    I have last version of game, including all dlc.
    I play on several PC, and sometimes saves do not want to the synchronized.
    Сould you help me with this?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, this is Valve's tech and it happens in other games as well. Since it sounds like you want them to be synced, I don't think I have anything to suggest.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Ilya

Ilya Member

Sad.
    Is there a way to sync the save manually?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Daynab

Well you could just take the charactername.dredmorsave folder and overwrite your old save. You'll find the saves in documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Ilya

Ilya Member

Thanks for the answer
    I tried your option, but unfortunately it does not help.
    It seems like game have backup save or something like that:
    I tried to just delete the data from the
    C:\Users\USER\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\

and start game. But save all being restored to those that have been stored in Steam Cloud.
    How can this be?

And simple replace folder xxx.dredmorsave does not help, saves all the same

btw, OS Windows 8 Pro x64

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

you could try the -nukesteamcloud parameter (after copying your saves to another place if you want to keep them). I've had issues in the past and it seems to help.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

What Skymuffin said, do that then place your save folder back in and it should load properly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

There is a configuration file in this folder ("config.xml"). Instead of deleting it, you have to open it, find the value which enables Steam cloud for DoD, and change it.

It's this one:
    <setting name="enableSteamCloud" value="1"/>
    Just change the value to 0.

And after that, nuke the Steam cloud so that it won't restore the backed-up file with the value unchanged.

And don't ask me why it has to be done that way. I'm not a sorcerer so I don't know much about the intricate arcana of Steam.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Wolg

Wolg Member

Except that disables sync completely, which doesn't sound like the desired goal...

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Let me tell you, despite not being able to play the same save across all platforms, I have found that the best option for me was to disable ALL syncing on all machines. I have different characters on each one and Love the game SO much that I am more than willing to play whichever save I have on the current machine.

Sure you don't progress as fast, but it is far less traumatic than losing a file you love, and you grow to love a larger variety of builds.

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and SkyMuffin like this.
  11. Wolg

Wolg Member

The latest Steam client update seems to have changed cloud sync somewhat -- it wasn't uploading on one of my systems but now is.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Anyway one could just put his save data on a file sharing website. I don't think saves take too much space.
    I've said "think" because my actual "gaming" machine seems to be dead. I wish I had this website idea before...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Exile, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.