[solicitation] Please help me with my DropBox

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Essence, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Hi, y'all,

I normally wouldn't ever do this kind of crap, but I'm out of space on my DropBox account, which has shared folders with J-Factor, Fax, Loren and Gaslamp Games because we work together on DoD stuff on a semi-regular basis. Well, not J-Factor much anymore, but you get the idea.

Point being, I'm running out of space and I can't afford to start paying for it, so I'm here to ask any of you who don't have a Dropbox account to, as a favor to me, follow this link: http://db.tt/bmGvwB6V and sign up for DropBox. Even if you never use it, you'll be doing me a huge favor and I'll be eternally grateful to have a little more space to put all of Loren's awesome graphics, the beta Vault of Maslech, and so forth.

Thank you all very muchly,

Your friendly neighborhood Essence

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. mining

mining Member

You guys should set up an SVN/github/whatever so you can have versioning and much more space.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I agree with mining. That is the long-term solution.

If I did not already have a Dropbox account, I would gladly help with that bandage though. Good luck with it.

If on the other hand you need some room for the moment, I have nearly 2GB free space on my account. I can and will gladly put stuff there for you and give you a list of links to each and every thing. PM me if you want me to.

mining likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The same as Omni there, but since I didn't have work today I asked a few friends if they happened to want to create accounts. We'll see what happens about it in a day or two.

Edit: One of them told me that he created an account, I don't know about the rest.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  5. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

Github or Bitbucket would be a good option, both of which are free.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I was told about Github on the chatroom. I'll look into both, thanks! :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I've created an account, but it seems that my pc is infected or something, it keeps deleting my downloaded things.
    Yeah, format is near.

Kazeto, Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Ouch. Good luck with your system rebuild Vitellozzo.

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It wasn't hard really.

Installated DropBox now, I'll gonna love those 2gb online.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.