Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Uhm ok, if it doesn't bother you a little pm could help me living with my ocds. I would love some help. :D
    But maybe I can even figure it out myself. Let's see.
    :edit: it's all about backuping achievement.dat?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

It was a stupid XML error. No slash on the end of Knockback Block's playerhiteffectbuff.

And yes, V, it's about backing up achievement.dat and then restoring it after your'e done playtesting. :)

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, it seems everything is working as it should. Also the long stance, which is always a good thing.
    Mjolnir stance is now one of my preferite spells of the game, congratz.
    The first xbow stance, btw, keep it separated, seems to proc a debuff on enemies, "unresistable knock", with the NEEDART dummy icon. Is it intended?
    I still think that monster toss should work also in werediggle form, since the simple idea of the skill and the hulky power and flavour of the werediggle curse.
    Finally, I think I've fell in love with the new unarmed: powerful blows, NICE COMBO!, different stances with different effects, did I say COMBO!?. The lone ninja law. Gosh.
    Very well work, Essence. For me is a final "OK", since I cannot into balance (as I said). Anyway, each skilltree now seems having its own lifespawn, its own pecularities and each level add something new and cool in the mix.
    Your son just earned a candy ( :edit: looks like I just have 0.50 of the 0.56€ needed, lol; it will come later then).

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. Essence

:) Thanks, V. :)

Unresistable Knock should be getting removed; you shouldn't ever see that. I'll poke at it.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It will be updated for the new beta patch, or are we going to wait it is officially announced?
    :edit: I need some sleep. No sharing of files from here to there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Nicholas implied in chat that he'll nudge David about putting it into the next beta patch, but there's nothing solid yet, so I'm still sticking with my initial statement: it'll definitely be out in 1.14, and maybe before then if we're lucky. :)

7. Avathacis

Avathacis Member

Been testing this and that in this mod. Several notes:

Mjollnir Stance is OP imo. Lots of health, melee attack power, block, a strong proc for no cost? Maces are worth taking even if you're planning to use another weapon.
    Staves level one stance makes DL 1 a breeze.
    Swords seem to be lacking. No stance till level 3(4?) and that stance brings some drawbacks. Both stances have drawbacks actually :c. Poste is nice tho.

Awesome work with Unarmed. I love the bully/monk stuff and I believe that's how Unarmed should work. Again, awesome work.

8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yeah. Make drawbacks.
    Or maybe the lightning proc should check for maces?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Avathacis

Avathacis Member

I think the bigger problem is the massive burliness. Maybe split it out to health/attack power/block (or not).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Essence

It doesn't? Crap.

11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Dunno, I was considering only Avathacis post. I cannot remember if it works just for maces or other weapons too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Avathacis

Avathacis Member

Was using unarmed, double shield (Clockwork Orb and Invisible Shield).

13. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

What exactly are the mechanics with Poste? I keep using Poste and getting a fat chunk of stacks on the effect.

The dueling stance is potentially huge, but unless your build synergizes hardcore (you know, like the kind of build *I* would make) it's not going to be huge very often, if ever.

IMO stances form break-points for skill trees--places to stop off with your level dip. Look at the Swiss Defense on polearms for Faust's sake. That thing is horrendous.

As such, Swords is sort of an all-or-nothing tree as it is. Almost the whole damn tree demands a "finesse fighter" melee rogue build, which is kind of rough considering this is a tree that takes advantage of the most common weapon type in the game, and a weapon type that a lot of people will use just because it's a comfort zone thing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Poste is a perfectly normal attack that gives you a 3-turn +12 buff to Counter. If you counter with the buff active, it removes the buff and deals extra damage (scaling to Nimbleness, natch) and a 1-turn Paralyze on that counterattack.

As to swords being a solid 'generic' weapon, the scaling on the Nimbleness is such that a straight Fighter will still respect the damage -- a Rogue who dips into Warrior for swords will love it. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Hum? Scaling with nimbleness nimbleness means only Rogues have more scaling with it than anyone else does. In fact a lot of Warriors are going to kill their Nimbleness scores with heavy armor.

Don't get me wrong, I actually *love* the design of the Dueling Stance and a couple other things, but I feel like Swords is narrower than you're saying it is.

I will try to reproduce the odd behavior I have seen with Poste. Maybe it's been fixed with a new version; maybe I'm just imagining things.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yeah, that's the point about this. It's a peculiar skill.
    Before going futher, Remember Your Charle Magne.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Don't get me wrong--I completely enjoy seeing Swords as a swashbuckling, stat-abusing weapon for people who are going to make focused fighterly builds.

However, there are bound to be a lot of people out there who want a sword-and-board sort of fighter.

You know, here's a wild idea. You could totally have two weapon skills for the same weapon--just as long as one strongly anti-combos with the other.

OmniaNigrum likes this.