Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

This can be a graphic issue, rather than a gameplay bug: if the knocked back enemy doesn't do anything else than staying where it was before the knock, it's possible that it was hitted and went back on the starting point where you targetted him in a matter of second.
    I saw this lot's of times when in the past I used mostly mace skills: enemies seemed immune to the dwarven handshake, even though they where doing no more in their turns, when the skill landed.
    I think that this problem is existent just with the melee knocks, since how different the game looks if the enemy is adiacent or not (another example is the infinite projectile spells in one turn, just if the enemy is at least one square away).
    So I think knockback works as it should, but it doesn't look like it is.
    Also, great name for the second stance, really fitting the unarmed style.
    Also^2, defensive procs seems to not proccing ever: I tried changing the puissant veil to block to effect (I cannot recall the real name right now, but it's the block then spell thing, like puissant veil should do). No effect at all, even on blocks.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, I discovered that dodgeBuff, blockBuff, and counterBuff are all borked right now. It just happens that I came across a workaround for counterBuff, Kaidelong found a workaround for blockBuff (kinda) and triggerondodge works (see Adventurer Aikido) -- so in theory, we should be able to get all three going...in theory.

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, so it could be the passive procs for the capstone. We can balance this by working with the cooldown of the dragon foot tecnique.
    Ps: it's so boring to never try those capstones, but I want to reach those levels before cheating with my debug powers.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

After moar testing, I think you're right about the knockback, V. I haven't ever seen them attack after getting knocked, so I think they're using their turn to move right back into the square they were knocked out of.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Essence

Is there somethign I don't know about how triggerondodge works? because my triggerondodge is setting off a type="self" spell, but I keep seeing enemies pop up "resist" when I dodge their attacks.

WTF?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Well, as it turns out, Double Counter doesn't work because <multibuff> doesn't apply to counters. So that's not a balance issue.

I've gotten the Dodge buff to work and the Counter buff to work (now just adds your Melee Power again to counterattack damage the 25% of the time that it goes off.) I'm still completely arsed by the BlockBuff. I've PMed Kaidelong because he said he got it to work somehow, but apparently even Nicholas wasn't able to get it to work for Warlockery and instead put in a PHEB for Puissant Veil.

I'm hoping Kaidelong or some other brilliant experimenter can explain it to be, because I'd really like to have some version of "defensive mastery" as the unarmed capstone (though I'll obviously tone them all down a bit first.)

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  7. Essence

So, then, no one has said anything about changes needing to be made in the last few days. Does that mean that this is ready to be handed over to David (assuming I get the damn blockBuff working properly and/or can the whole idea?)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Loren

Loren Member

I've not tested to any appreciable amount:
    • Polearms
    • Archery
    • Throwing
    Has anyone else done this? I'd hate for those to be obviously broken because no one has glanced at them. I also haven't looked at the most recent changes to unarmed because last I heard, you were still messing around with swapping out BQ for something that doesn't break the game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

Well, Polearms I haven't touched except to add the <weapon> requirements, so that's that, and BQM has been replaced with Turn Kick Pose, which I've tested pretty thoroughly; it works as intended. :)

10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I'll playtest everything tonight, aside from capstones.
    I didn't stayed at home those days.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

Why no capstones?

Also, should I swap Long Stance and Two Ends Stance? Anyone?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If he wasn't at home, then it is likely he doesn't have enough time to play-test something like capstone abilities reliably.

And no idea about your second question. I can provide advice when possible, but I didn't have time to tackle play-testing at all (as I said on the very beginning).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I don't want my first level in the capstones to be debug mode helped. It's just an achievement, but I want to see the final level of every skill by my characters' strength. The only one I've capped so far, for the weapon skills, is the axe one.
    I cannot into balance, but I think that the long style is far less powerful than the two ends stance. The long style is also apparently more complex than the two ends, while the two ends has obscure content (aside from "more powerful hits", there are buffs to the existing skills) so a new player can grow the staff skill learning the stances, the skills, the better range of the staves and then, finally, become a pro with a stance that let him hit harder, with more powerful skills too.
    After all, hitting a square away isn't all this power, being at the same time strategic and cool to see. So the switch of the skill levels can work, as far as I can see.

OmniaNigrum, Essence and Kazeto like this.
  14. Essence

I can show you how to edit your files so as to remove artificially-a thieved achievements, V. It shouldn't keep you from playtesting -- just don't log into Steam.

15. Loren

Loren Member

Dragon Foot Technique is not being granted on level

16. Essence

Loren, I could kiss you. You just inadvertently pointed out to me why my blockBuff wasn't working. So that's fixed, and DFT is as well. :)

New Files Uploaded!

I think that makes this officially ready!

17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't want to be mean, Essence, but if that was the source of the problem then you kind of fail...

I'd like to suggest getting some sleep, since it usually happens when one is tired and all that.

18. Loren

Loren Member

I'm looking at a diff between the last two versions, and I can't really tell what would have caused it to not work before. Was it the location of the XXbuffs?

I tried out unarmed a little, and I was unable to get the new ranged kick attack to crash when I was around water, so, probably!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Loren

Loren Member

You can't tell him to do that, it's too early in the morning. :p

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And it's 10 PM where I live. Besides, it doesn't matter what time of the day it is, fatigue is the same and one ought to rest when tired (I'm a hypocrite now, never getting enough sleep to be able to spend time doing what I want or being with my girlfriend, but please ignore that).