Mod XML Validator

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Glazed, May 29, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

I just uploaded 1.1.3.5 with a tiny fix. If you use 1.1.3.4 and don't capitalize hitsNeededToBreak perfectly it would give you an error.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Thanks

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Oh, wow thanks for the tool. I used NPP and XML checker plugin but that clearly wasn't enough. I wished I had something like that and ... here it is :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I tried using the validator today, and the Validator itself seemed to crash. Here's the Stack Trace:

Edit: This is the Internet Version. (I can't use the Downloadable version cause I'm on a mac)

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Glazed

Glazed Member

Can you post the file that caused this error?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

The link to the Internet Validator doesn't work. Please repost the Validator or something. It leads to an empty web page. The domain looks as if it's for sale due to inactivity. I really need this validator so I can find out what's wrong with the newest version of my mod.

Edit: The file that caused the error is gone.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Is the validator's assertion that "percentage" is not a valid argument for triggerOnCast correct?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If it's in "skillDB.xml" then it uses "percentage". So it ought to use "percentage".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

It would explain why the triggerOnCast spell associated with the Green Gaslamp Power Ring in my superhero mod doesn't trigger though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

triggerOnCast doesn't work on items, so that's the reason. And without any value (or with only a wrong value), the game is supposed to use the default value which is higher than 0 (and thus if it was merely a matter of not using the correct tag, it would have eventually triggered).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The modding wiki says that its supposed to work on items.

Also, the wild mage skill from complete essential skills uses the argument "percent" in the triggeroncast entries (i decided to check through a mod that I knew had a working triggeroncast effect in order to get an answer about this)

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

In that case it's likely an exception (with the "percent"/"percentage" thing), since anything in "skillDB.xml" is supposed to use "percentage".

Then again, a quick check of the game's files reveals that you are, in fact, right - it is an exception that uses "percent" instead of "percentage". I think someone was tired when they coded that one in.

No clue about it not working on items, though. There was a time when it didn't work there (and I would know about that), but I haven't checked in the few most recent versions (since there were no reports of it being changed) and it's possible that it started working in the meantime. But originally it did not work on items, that I can assure you of.
    I'll have to check it to make sure if it changed, but that won't happen until I get healthy again.

Syphonix and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Healthy?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, I'm currently down with... something.

It's supposed to be a simple cold (or some virus infection just starting up, the results aren't clear on that), but it just doesn't want to get out of me and the tests don't show anything (outside of that there isn't anything really wrong with me, but the results are still a bit weird), and by "tests" I mean "the ones they did to me when I keeled over at work and they took me to the hospital this Monday".

But yeah, I'm fine. Sort of. Sortish of. Well, you know...
    I'm just weaker than normally, but alive and coherent. Though perpetually feverish, and perpetually coughing. And sleeping a whole lot (and yet still tired).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Get well Kazeto. We need crazy people here to keep the sane people inline and bargaining their souls away for favors... :D

Kazeto likes this.
  16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

This should be sticked as an important discussion so new members can use this without having to daydream for it.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  17. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Isn't in automatically included in the launcher these days? IIRC that's why I had unstickied it.

18. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The validator? I don't think it is.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  19. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

It was the last time I uploaded my latest mod version to steam. This was a version or two of DoD ago.

20. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

What's the file path?

OmniaNigrum likes this.