Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Loren

Loren Member

Something also related to lone ninja crashed me. I took it, attacked, and the game crashed. Not sure if it was lone ninja itself or the heal that goes with having stone cold stance on at the time.

sprites/sfx/null0002.png not found

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Right. I screwed that up.

This:
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="100" firstframe="0" framerate="100" centerEffect="0"/>
    should be this:
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" firstframe="0" framerate="100" centerEffect="0"/>

in both Chumbawumba and Kwon's Flail

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

For those unfamiliar with the origins of the Billy Quan Maneuver:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

New Files Uploaded

A few minor bugs fixed. I think the only big mechanical change is that Billy Quan Maneuver can now hit a monster 1, 2, or 3 squares away and the teleport happens before the attack, which (while untested, I think) means you'll deal full attack damage with it instead of just Melee Power damage.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Okay I'm deeply bothered by Quan being pronounced /kwan/

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  6. Loren

Loren Member

What do you think/know it should be? I totally mind pronounced it like in that video.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

I believe BQM is crashing because I totally took the anim out of Teleport Back One like a boss. I forgot it's, you know, a template spell.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Essence, get some sleep.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I love how the crossbows are related to music. I lolled so hard at the Kiss Stance. But this is the stance in question
    Code:
    <spell name="KISS Stance" downtime="1" type="self" icon="skills/fight_in_the_shade32.png">
        <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Bon Jovi Stance"/>
        <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" removable="1" icon="skills/fight_in_the_shade64.png" smallicon="skills/fight_in_the_shade32.png">
                <description text="Your bolts sometimes knock enemies back, and if an enemy gets too close, you do your best to shove them a way."/>
                <playerHitEffectBuff percent="18" name="Unresistable Knock"/>
                </buff>
        </spell>
    And I cannot see how it should work, or what should proc the dummy "blankspaceCrossbow Blast!".
    Code:
    <spell name="                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Crossbow Blast!" type="targetmonster">
        <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="KISS Stance" spell="Crossbow Blast"/>
        </spell>
    Also, Poste works good in this build.

P.S.: finally a fitting avatar, Cave Story style.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. Loren

Loren Member

crossbow stance is procced by
    Code:
    <ability name="Keep It Separated, Stupid" icon="skills/fight_in_the_shade64.png" skill="4" level="1">
      <description text="No place for hidin', baby. No place to run. Keeps things separated by allowing a crossbow bolt to hit with many times the force expected, knocking an enemy backwards. Also teaches you to use your crossbow as a battering ram to knock away enemies who get too close. See? Separated. Separated is better." />
      <damagebuff piercing="2"/>
      <spell name="KISS Stance" />
      <crossbowshotbuff percentage="24" name="                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Crossbow Blast!"/>
      </ability>
    from the skillDB. That is where the player's shots knocking the target back is supposed to happen (I've not tested if it does). Even though the hit buff is always active, it should only proc while in KISS stance because of the requirebuffontrigger.

11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

A reasonable anglicization would be /tʃwan/ i.e. chuan instead. It's actually /tɕwan/ but that sound doesn't exist in English. The reason why q is used is because there are six fricative sounds to account for (the others use sh ch zh x and j)

OmniaNigrum, Loren and Kazeto like this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You are right, Null. But still, they are using "user-friendly" pronunciation, so it is going to sound the way it does.

13. Loren

Loren Member

Code:
    <spell name="Inverse Minion Law Trigger" type="targetmonster"> 
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Inverse Minion Law "/>
        </spell>
    and
    Code:
    <spell name="Inverse Minion Law" type="self">
    Inverse minion is not triggering. Remove the space from the trigger, as you have it without spaces elsewhere.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  14. Essence

Fixed. New Files Uploaded. I added a whole bunch of noanimation="1"s to the stances, nerfed Musashi's Duelling Stance a little, and made Thousand Dragon Feet work correctly. I don't remember. I also went through and hand-tested every level (except, of course, Inverse Minion Law, because it wasn't part of the "weapon skills") to make sure that, at least on a fundamental level, it was doing what I wanted it to.

The only level I'm wondering about is the Billy Quan Maneuver, and that's because I don't like what happens when you point it at a creature in the water. If it was a mod, I'd totally let it slip, but this is core stuff, and I want as few edge cases as possible. What do y'all think? It's not exactly fixable; it either has to be there in it's glorious imperfection or replaced entirely.

Thoughts?

15. Essence

This just in: doesn't the "player charge attack" code work? Could we replace BQM with that? Where is it?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Loren

Loren Member

What happens when used against something by water?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Essence

The teleport forward fails, but the teleport back doesn't, so you end up just leaping away from the water like a boss. Furthermore, if you do it in a one-tile-wide square between water and a wall, you'll lock the game up solid.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Loren

Loren Member

Yeah, I'd remove or change that mechanic. Best not to add anything that knowingly locks up the game. It does it enough for me the way it is. Something similar that might not lock up as much would be a 2 or two square teleport to a blank square that does a crushing AoE around the player or something like that. You keep the jump, and don't have to worry about weird cases with the missile.

Edit: Yeah, I just wrote two or two.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Essence

<effect type="playercharge" amount="3" dashHit="Weak Dash Attack Crush" dashMiss="Weak Dash Attack Fail" interruptable="1"/>.

I'mma try this. Any ideas on what the spell type should be?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Why not just make the spell that teleports you back one time trigger it via another spell that is not template-based but a "targetemptyfloor" one? I mean, that wouldn't be too complicated, and it ought to be more idiot-proof.

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Essence like this.