Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

With,AFAICT, only one iteration no less.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm told there will be a V2 soon.

3. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Less than that, if you're not on a PC. Just sayin'.

Essence likes this.
  4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I just noticed that the new diggle digging thing makes progressing through Diggle Hell painfully slow. That should be changed.

5. Essence

Yeah, the level 2 Monster Zoo is pretty painful that way, too. At least if you play with debug mode you can speed up the animations. And honestly I'd rather have the interestingness than not. :)

6. Wootah

Wootah Member

You can speed up animations now without debug mode.

Has the fact that the rogue scientist barometric pressure thing isnt triggering the mana drain in 1.1.3?

Also, This has probably always been like this, but I was using the pressure thing to push around satanic teleportation glyphs and glyph only works as an entrance. You always exit the same place as where it started on the level.

Still, pulled off a brilliant heist on floor 1 when I pushed one into brax's shop which had an exit right next to a stairwell. Lifted a Serpentine plate legs and some 10 star axe I have never seen before, axe of the lunar disk.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The problem with + speed is that it also makes controlling your character much harder. At + 2 even one key press to the right could move you 3 spaces instead of 1.

You also cannot change game speed in the middle of other creatures' animations, so you are forced to fight with +speed on if you want it to move at a reasonable rate.

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Would be nice if player animations were an exception to speeding up animations. Or, at the very least, add an option to enable this.

9. Wootah

Wootah Member

I have never had a problem with +1 speed and in fact can't stand the game at the standard speed. Too slow.

10. Loren

Loren Member

Me too. I love +1 speed, though I would like faster diggle diggling animations.

11. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Err, since there seems to be no obvious ETA for the patch, I'll assume it'll be a while and ask for the following, if possible:

As long as were getting spellDB support for "requestitem", would it be too much to finally separate tomes and orbs from shields or into a subcategoy of them? From what I've seen around the forums this would be much appriciated.

Alternatively, unless were allready getting it, would it be possible to get an "requestitem" handle with item name as the condition? Even if it possibly wouldn't work on kronged, enchanted or encrusted stuff?

12. Essence

David in backroom whisperings has said it's Valve's fault. Something about Linux.

13. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Makes sense if Valve wanted them to work on the Linux port to extend the market for DoD. If you mean about the ETA. What has linux got to do with orbs and tomes not being distinct subcategories of shields, i have no idea :D

I've also read up on OOP and related stuff, and I sort of know this kind of request might seem like asking someone to move a mountain stone by stone just because you feel like it, but I put it up just in case it actually can be done with less fuss using the weapons system as a template of sorts.

Also wondering if the "taped on" extensions for the elemental resists and weapon damages priciple could be used to add a new bar of stats to the game at some distant point in the future. Millions of possible problems there, and all that, and not for this thread, but better a semi-off-topic-spam post here, than oppening up a new thread I guess...

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it's the "whatever it is, it's Valve's fault" joke. Which is always funny.

But yeah, it would be good if there was some way to differentiate between shield and "non-shields". Thought that is not to say it isn't possible to get around the whole thing, but the solution is so inelegant only one person here actually tried that. And I'm still wondering what was wrong with me when I did that (and even then, I have to rewrite that because the trigger I was waiting for won't be there for somewhat longer than I anticipated).

15. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Eh, I read your solution and inspired by it was going to try the same thing by listing all the tomes by name and finding a convoluted way to ignore 2-tome equips with a convoluted flavour based handvawe for why it wouldn't work on encrusted or artifact ones, but it wouldn't work because you apparently can't use individual item names. Or so I've heard.

Errrr, patch feedback, right. I've got none. Anyone got any?

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, you can do it by either making the items themselves trigger something that would require you to have a relevant buff, or have the items give you the relevant buffs and have the triggers come from skills. Either way, it's a two-part thing and it's much better to do that if you want to create your own equip class rather than when you want to edit something that exists (though you can do that, but it requires persistence).

And really, the solution I've mentioned then is something I should've explained better (I guess I'm better at mental torture than at explaining things to people quickly), unless you've found my own upload of fragments of code for "Crystal Magic" (which has to be rewritten to work because a crucial trigger is missing, but if the trigger worked it would actually be functioning properly) and are talking about that.

17. Loren

Loren Member

I would like to second the request for multiple scrollbar cycling keybinds. It would be much easier to use if I could switch between them quickly.

lujo86 likes this.
  18. So besides some random crashing that has been getting looked at by the Gaslamp crew, what do we have for feedback so far? It looks like the major things seem to be:
    1. Digging diggles can upset room design and make monster zoos and quests a pain, and are unpredictable
    2. Everyone wants hotkeys and/or larger buttons for the multiple hotbars
    3. Random peaceful monsters people have theorized is related to tourist code, maybe remove "peaceful" from the tourist ability so it's just friendly or hostile?

Is that about it?

I heard someone suggest a different color map tracker for zoo monsters when the zoo is low on numbers, which sounds fantastic. Perhaps something similar could be used to make diggles more predictable if desired. Instead of a map marker, an icon or animation on the tile they are going to emerge from a turn before they come out? Using the first few frames of their emerging animation so it just looks like the ground is rumbling a bit you could have a one turn heads up that you are about to get drilled. I guess that wouldn't work if they don't choose where they will emerge until the turn they pop back up, though. Just some thoughts.

19. I've started to notice enemies having wonky targeting lately. Enemies like mummies that can summon a poison gas cloud might throw it into the next room while I fight then, even if I haven't been to that room yet and the door is closed. Perhaps this is related to the diggle behavior of burrowing to attack even if their room has not been breached?

Addendum: Right now I'm watching the Tree of woe I rooted with lockup do it's roots-go-into-the-ground-and-come-out-to-hit-you animation while across the room from me. It isn't attacking me, though...according to the combat log..it's attacking my zombies....which are on the floor above me. So I guess monsters can not only see through walls, but .... floors now?

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Essence

Good call, Janitor. I've noticed a few occasions when Mummies and Pumpkinns will toss a spell in some random-ass place. I think it happened around the same time that the Cloud Gremlin started being programmed to set mines at random locations near the player, but I have no evidence whatsoever that there's causation there, merely correlation. q