Moravacion Bushdagger's special ability is useless

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SkyMuffin, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

On hit, it has a 100% chance to do Recursive Stab, which then has a 50% to cast itself again. But it's only 3:dmg_piercing:. By the time you actually get a Bushdagger, almost every enemy has at least a few :resist_piercing:.

Bohandas likes this.
  2. mining

mining Member

What it really should do is grant the player a until next hit piercing damage buff, and recursively act the same etc. so that the recursiveness isn't neutered by a 3/- enemy.

SkyMuffin and thecraww like this.
  3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

A similar issue exists with Arcane Capacitor (although the capacitor's situation is somewhat mitigated by the fact that it deals multiple different types of damage and re-exasperated by the fact that each individual hit can be as little as one point apiece if the character has low Magic Power [relatively likely for Warlocks as they are melee characters and thus more likely to be wearing heavy armor than other wizards], as opposed to the Recursive Stab's 3 points apiece)

What might be optimal is if each iteration were combined into a single hit.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That would take a lot of time to code, seeing as it would require many, many sub-spells for one ability even when compared to how many sub-spells it already uses (which is quite a lot). But if you know someone who would be willing to waste time doing that, I'm for that change.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

that's not a bug, it's a feature.

Kazeto and mining like this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, keep on saying that Essence.

But I know it is not a bug but rather a feature. I created a skill tree that has more code than the entirety of the "spellDB.xml" file in the base game, and I wouldn't want to try making the change Bohandas proposed, that is how much code it would take to make it work properly unless we went for very inelegant solutions.

Essence likes this.
  7. Essence

No, seriously. That thing does such huge amounts of single-point damage packets on turns 4 and 5 that the fact that 1-2 points of resistance can negate significant percentages of that damage is a balancing point. If it dealt single hits, it would have to be toned down significantly.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I know, Essence. And I know changing it would be a pain even if it is possible to make changes account for the decrease in effectiveness of resistances.

9. Essence

I know you get it, Kazeto. I was explaining for the benefit of anyone who thought I was just shrugging Bohandas off. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Oh, sorry. I probably should just get some sleep since I obviously am having problems with understanding some things, then.

mining and Essence like this.