Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Just enter the stairs, then come back up. You can move up from there. :) I just tried it myself.
    Yeah, I have noticed that before. Traps are finicky. If the player steps on them and a monster is blocking the path, the monster gets hit. But if a monster steps on a trap, they always get hit by it, even if the player is in the way.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Do we have a tentative release date for the final version of this patch yet?

adelmagne likes this.
  3. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

I've been experiencing a ton of semi-random crashes lately - installing the beta seemed to alleviate the issue at first, but now it's worse than ever. It happens at any time, but particuarly when:
    1) Opening a door.
    2) Clicking on the artifact reward from Inconsequentia
    3) Clicking to close the skill menu after gaining a level.

Not sure if it's a game issue or a system issue with my PC, though -but I've been playing Dredmor for +100 hours and it only recently began crashing frequently.

Usually it doesn't happen consistenly, though it just happened 4 times in a row when attempting to open the same door in a Wizardlands. I attached the savegame below.

Attached Files:

4. Michael88

Michael88 Member

I joust went the other way and came back later and it opened >.> . Unfortunately I uninstalled 1.3 it's unplayable for me <.<

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oh, yeah! I've been utterly forgetting to post this -- I've been coming across a LOT of randomly peaceful monsters (like a few dozen per floor) ever since this patch. Not "this monster hasn't noticed your presence", but "this monster is peaceful". Even some named monster bosses (ever Inconsequentia bosses, but the randomly-spawned kind) have just chilled and let me digest my cheese right next to them until I landed the first blow.

It's...odd. :)

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Really? It's made the problem worse? The more recent patches have been bad enough for this, but that doesn't sound good.

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

If I were to make a guess, and just that... a guess.Then it would be that they coded the summon for tourism to come out Hostile<Peaceful<Friendly... and it some how affects all monster generation and not just 'meet interesting people' ... because prior to CotW I think I might have found 1 peaceful creature in 140 hours of gameplay and now they are all over the place.

8. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Could we maybe get a whole separate handle simmilar to the current "sacrificeartifact" except able to target stuff on the floor for modding purposes in 1.1.3?

Or could we possibly get a handle which let things other than abilities target items in the inventory, again, for modding purposes?

Ty.

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You can target stuff on the floor with it with the already-existant relevant targeting scheme.

10. Essence

He's already tested the spell. IBIAM doesn't work if you targetflooritem with it.

11. lujo86

lujo86 Member

What essence said. I might've made a blunder somewhere though, in which case I might be missing what you mean with the "relevant targeting scheme". The roblem arises from sactificeartifact not wotking on items outside the inventory, and nothing except skills working on items within intventory to the best of my and Essences knowledge. My knowledge aside, Essences one you do have to take into consideraton.

Hence the plea.

12. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Try this: put pickupitem before sacrifice artifact; the targeting will remain while it is in the inventory

Essence, lujo86 and Kazeto like this.
  13. lujo86

lujo86 Member

This actually works, except its "grabitem", ty very much! :) We could probably still use some mod support around the place though :)

Essence and Vitellozzo like this.
  14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

This Wizardland keeps crashing my game when I open the door to a specific room. Here's the save, with the Wizardland already there-- just go in and work through the first few rooms until you get to it.

Attached Files:

15. Essence

BADASS. This means we can totally put together that shrine mod. I'm so into that.

In fact, we should totally make a mod that's just some sweet shrines, like a corruption-removal shrine, an artifact-rerolling shrine, a couple of interesting polymorphing shrines, and basically just a bunch of 'spell and-or skill effects as locations' rooms. That'd be real popular on the Workshop, I imagine.

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  16. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Way ahead of you :D Except I'm not rushing it, the IBIAM shrine is in beta testing phase in the thread it's in. Doesn't look too shriney ATM, but I'm working on it.

Ofc, and with proper testing of these things (and not bundling them with skills/items that might not mesh well with the core game design or power level) I really see no problem with some of them making the core game at some point. Dredmor needz microgoals :)

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

After some more testing, it appears that there is a save file corrupting bug in this version. That is what keeps making my game crash or lock up when I open doors. If i save and quit, then reload the game, it fixes this bug and works fine, so it must have something to do with the save file. Maybe some issue with autosave?

18. Wootah

Wootah Member

Crash Report.
    Version 1.1.3 Beta.
    No Mods installed

Opened a Door and the game insta-crashed.
    No pop-up.
    No Warning Whatsoever. Game closed instantly and I was back on the desktop.
    Luckily there was a crash .DMP file. I have attached it.

Attached Files:

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I *think* we have that one under control for the next patch (or beta version), but thanks for the report.

20. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

What's the status and/or plan in regards to this patch? Could we get an ETA? It's been in open Beta for over a month.