Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

That room is being changed to blobbies for the next release of RR.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is not a bug. That has been the way it worked for ages. I always Krong my bows first since they apply to melee but melee Krong effects do not apply to ranged.

3. borsook

borsook Member

But the fact it worked like that doesn't mean it's not a bug... it does not sound very logical...

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It is not listed in the "Bugs" thread despite everyone at Gaslamp knowing about it. That is why I say it is not a bug.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's say... a feature that should probably work differently but require a lot of work to change?

6. Emir Fassad

Emir Fassad Member

On OSX I am having trouble determining which version of DoD I am actually running. The about dialogue shows it as being 1.0 but I clearly playing Wizard Lands.
    I deleted the local content, via Steam, and reinstalled. After which the app brought up a list of ancient & deleted games in the load window. I restored my more current saves from a backup & managed to get them to work but the about window still shows version 1.0.

Then I downloaded & installed the patch from Gaslamp, I presume correctly, since the app works okay & I have the Wizard Lands startup screen but I the about window and the app plist still show me as playing version 1.0.

I play the game locally and don't launch it via Steam since whenever I do it reinstalls those same older save files.

...ef

7. borsook

borsook Member

you can disable the steam cloud support in dredmor to get rid of it :)

8. Emir Fassad

Emir Fassad Member

I will when I locate the option, as it is not entirely obvious.

It would be nice if Steam didn't delete all of my current saves every time I launch DoD. Cloud support should be a directory merge not an overwrite.

There is another new and bizarre behavior. For some reason DoD is creating copies of my current game. I have opened the Load window to find as many as twenty-five copies of my current character. When I go to ~/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor I find multiple save file with the character name such as Ms Anthrope_12, Ms Anthrope_13, etc.

...ef

9. Daynab

I've never heard about the duplicate thing before. Really really strange.

Okay go to documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/ and open config.xml, change the enableCloud line to "0" instead of "1". That will disable the cloud.

We're using valve's cloud tech, so that's on them for the merge behavior.

10. Michael88

Michael88 Member

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

All the more reason to play Magical Law. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Mudwrens are still transmutable. This bug was introduced in 1.1.2.

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Is that a bug? Or a bugfix?

14. Michael88

Michael88 Member

After successfully casting Tenebrous Rift in a room, closing the door of mentioned room will freeze the game.

Seems there are lots of door related problems :/

PS: I would really love if there was a spell bar fast scroll hotkey.
    And Can I actually remove some spells so bar reverts to original blank space? (select blank instead of spell?)

Vitellozzo likes this.
  15. Daynab

Upload a save of the issue, please.

16. Michael88

Michael88 Member

I have 20 :eek: I'll putt the latest one.

Attached Files:

Vitellozzo likes this.
  17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Actually, I remember doing that in either version 1.0.9B or 1.0.10 and letting people know about it.

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

:confused: in that case the description ought to be changed. It still says "strangely resistant to transmutative energies".

Another bug:
    [​IMG]
    When I tried to disarm and failed, the bolt hit the candle holder, not me. The Gargoyle itself is in a direct line in front of the trap...

19. Wootah

Wootah Member

I thought projectile path was meant to be used creatively for wall traps. I have noticed that some fly over monsters hitting what stepped on the trap, while others travel until colliding. I use summons all the time to shield myself from traps as I try disarming them without the skill.

20. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Happened again, this time after I cleared the monster zoo. I was so happy and than rudely interrupted by my Desktop. He be evil...

Attached Files: