My last character died from...

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Maxumym, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Maxumym

Maxumym Member

Here we shall post our humiliating deaths of aspiring characters.
    My last character died from using a Gelatinous wand and me no noticing that I had a monster in the way, so I hit him point blank. And I jsut got some nice gear.
    That happened 2 times. In a row.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

...a slipped finger on the trackpad making him drink aqua fortis instead of the healing potion just above it.

ghostyTrickster likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

My last character got killed by his own buff.

It was a character to test what I was working on. And yes, it was working as intended.

Jace likes this.
  4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I was playing on speed +1 and walked into two boulder drop traps in a row.

5. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

Began a new game and had a gnome, a batty and a diggle on the first room, no doors opened.

6. BMandFighter

BMandFighter Member

Health was at 1/3rd after a fight on DL 12. Decided to eat some food. After 2 right clicks my character fell over dead, and I finally saw that I was standing on a tactical pyre.

7. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

Got careless running into a room full of Octos. There were five of them, and EVERY ONE of the five did their ranged attack, TWO TURNS IN A ROW. Took me down to 8HP, then I got pot-shotted trying to make it back out of the room.

BMandFighter and SkyMuffin like this.
  8. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

My last character died because she was a pure mage swinging a stick at a murderous vegetable.

Why did I do this? Because I was falling asleep at the keys.

The worst thing is, that was a name that I wanted to keep re-using. Now I can't because it's on the high score list >:

9. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

Old age, seriously.

The last character I played was a crafter build that meticulously combed every inch of every community discovered wizard land and hoarded every piece of trash that I could find. Until I finally couldn't do it any more and I gave up.

Alas, my character died of old age. I probably put like 100 hours into him and made hundred upon hundred of ingots.

Interestingly enough, that's how my character in skyrim died.

10. Maxumym

Maxumym Member

What? This- this can really happen?

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Only when you play for so long that your HDD crashes.

12. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

And to be fair, I was forced to format my hardrive recently due to the FBI/moneypack virus so the character is also gone.

13. Tokubara

Tokubara Member

A named Far Darrig who killed me in three hits (two normal attacks plus one counterattack) thanks to his crazy hyperborean bonus damage. However, I was in my cheaty mood that day, so I just hard booted the computer.

14. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

Just died in floor 12 by backtracking across one of those Fire Rune traps that I forgot I just triggered. Doh!

A real shame, I had a really powerful Egyptian build going with some excellent gear. Never got further than floor 6 with a mage before, I had hoped to get to Dredmor this time.

15. The Schachter

The Schachter Member

My last character died facing Lord Dredmor. And I must say, for my first time making it to Dungeon Level 10... it was a rather humiliating defeat. I barely scratched him in spite of my top-of-the-line, Kronged to the Max archery equipment and ultra-rare bolts. I'm still confused as to why I did so little damage, in fact, and will probably be asking around on the subject sometime soon.

Fow now, I'll let myself feel the satsifaction (made it to Dredmor!), the frustration (died facing Dredmor!) and the relief (my current 20 hour or so grindfest is over; next games *will* be on NttG) of letting this playthrough go as I finally get some sleep...

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The "ultra-rare bolts" were likely AoE bolts, damage-over-time ones, or multiple-damage-type ones. These won't do because Dredmor has a really thick hide and what you want is to use the strongest single-element type of ammunition you have.

17. The Schachter

The Schachter Member

Well, that's good to know (and makes sense, in retrospect). I expected those to be effective since I'd talked to someone who'd beaten the game and he seemed to say that they made short work of Dredmor. I guess I either misunderstood him or things have changed much since the time he beat the game (which I believe was before any of the expansions). I'm off to start a new character with a more ecclectic build, which will likely die horribly rather early! =D

Kazeto likes this.
  18. Corlindale

Corlindale Member

I too struggled to hurt Lord Dredmor when I first reached him, until I discovered that the clockwork sawblades I had been finding littered all around the last floors were some kind of super-weapons against him. I had lots of melee power and lots of misc damage bonuses floating around too, though.

19. Giygas

Giygas Member

"It won't be that bad, Giygas. You'll be able to handle a Mysterious Portal, Giygas."
    I entered a mysterious portal. I spawned near some tough monster and started running... right in to a Snow Baal.

20. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

*finishes clearing lvl 12 on NTTG* "Hm.. I wonder if I could try Diggle Hell yet." *dies to a demon diggle*