What is the cube?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by borsook, Oct 3, 2012.

1. borsook

borsook Member

I found it in Maschurahkolzuk. Is it just a decoration or does it do anything?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You mean the "Harmless Red Cube" background thing?

It's a reference to a beta-tester named "DeadlyRedCube", and it's just a background thing with no effect whatsoever.

3. borsook

borsook Member

No, it's just call "the cube" and it occupies a central position in the room

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

So it's the one with "Behold, the Cube!" flavour text then?

Yeah, that one is a decoration too.

5. borsook

borsook Member

Ok, thanks a lot!

6. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Yeah, the red cube confused the hell out of me. The first time I saw one, I stood in front of it trying absolutely everything I could to make it do something.

Also, dirt patches. If they do anything I still haven't figured it out.

7. Konork

Konork Member

You (used to) use them to plant spores to get mushrooms as an alternative to corpses, I believe. Spores were an item that you used to get by using the level 1 skill in Fungal Arts, but it was changed to the current on-kill proc because using the skill every time the cooldown ran out, and then individually planting the spores on corpses/dirt got extremely tedious. They're still in the game files, but I don't think there's a way to actually get them anymore.

8. Wootah

Wootah Member

It is not like the there weren't enough corpses, but damn it was tedious.
    The only tedious thing left in the game is putting your keys down and then kicking open a door and then picking your keys back up again.

Stoz and Turbo164 like this.
  9. codebracker

codebracker Member

Also if you click on them it says: The dirt gives you a dirty look. or something like that.