Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Alephxero

Alephxero Member

I've come across a couple of problematic things about the new Diggle behaviour:
    1) In Monster Zoo rooms with Diggles, sometimes the Diggles will burrow past the walls of the room into other more or less adjacent parts of the dungeon. This means a lot of tedious backtracking to track down the wayward Diggles. The closest thing I've experienced to this previously is monsters like Wights and Gnomes blinking through doorways or thin walls, but Diggles seem to be able to pass through thicker walls. This whole thing might be working as intended, but I thought I'd point out that runaway Diggles make Zoos way more tedious to finish.
    2) Similar to #1, when a squad of Diggles is created for a quest it can get really annoying wandering around or just wasting turns while waiting for them to pop back up. It's a nice touch that burrowed quest Diggles don't have quest tracking icons on the mini-map, but aimless waiting just because the last quest mob decides to vanish for several turns bugs me.

Aside from that, 90% of the time the burrowing is loads of fun and a brilliant way to shake things up. I'd really love to know more about the AI side of it (how they decide to burrow/pop up), but in my heart I know there's only one true answer: "Diggles gonna dig."

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Suggestion for that: when a zoo has <=10% of its population remaining, mark them on the minimap like quest monsters (but in a different colour).

Maze1125, Vitellozzo, Essence and 2 others like this.
  3. Doomicide

Doomicide Member

4. actreal

actreal Member

As far as I can tell, this is not the case. Across various tests I have constructed over 1,000 wands using new games started in version 1.1.3. No achievement in game, nor in Steam.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I am in favor of this. most experienced players have already learned how many hits, how much general hp, etc, a monster has. this just helps newer players learn the game faster.

what I mean is, it has almost no bearing on my own gameplay except perhaps with bosses, and quite a lot of benefit for newbies.

Vitellozzo, borsook and Essence like this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It is definitely something that ought to be accessible for anyone. More experienced players don't really have to pay attention to that but for new players who are still learning it can be the difference between getting the "Normandy" achievement or finding out what the 2nd floor actually looks like.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

The new diggle digging thing kind of breaks those rooms where you have two levers to choose between treasure or a mob of enraged diggles. Maybe they should be replaced with some other monster?

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. borsook

borsook Member

Is there a chance for getting 1.1.3 Linux binaries?

9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting about this.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Nice to see that the "Boil Water Advisory" achievement works now :)

11. Wootah

Wootah Member

A lot of the potions made by Xenochemistry refuse to stack until you save and reload.
    This includes the sort feature, stacking in the inventory, or dropping on the ground.
    Had it happen with midas, steeling, and Health so far.

Also, My chest piece is instabilized with 'necromanticula' and I have yet to see it proc.

12. borsook

borsook Member

The additional skill bars are a life saver, but it would be great to be able to access them via keyboard

13. borsook

borsook Member

Since level 4 I keep CTDing when opening a door... here's a dmp file.

Attached Files:

14. borsook

borsook Member

Ok, I got the spot where it happens every time, here is the save file.

Attached Files:

15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We'll take a look at it, thanks for the save!

16. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've been getting a lot of CTDs on opening doors in the lower levels since the patch, too, but I'm running several mods and I assumed it was a mods' fault.

17. borsook

borsook Member

I'm not running a single mod, so it seems be the core game.

18. Essence

The error I'm getting, to be preciser, says something to the effect of "Memory error [hexadecimal value] x [hexadecimal value]. The memory cannot be 'read'". I'll try to get a screenshot next time it happens.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

How is your memory usage when this happens? Lots of paged usage or unpaged? (Meaning is it full enough to start dumping things into the paging file or not?) And presuming any more than a small amount of paging memory usage, how much physical RAM and what is the paging file set to? (I hope you are not letting Windows manage it...)

Exile likes this.
  20. Essence

Oh, Gods no. I've got my paging file set to start at 1500 mb and max out at twice that. I have, IIRC, a gig of ram. Might be 3/4th of a gig, I honestly don't remember whether I ever swapped in my 2nd 1/2 gig stick. :oops:

I think I can safely say based on the sounds my computer makes as the game crashes that it wasn't paging before I opened the door, started paging as I tried to open the door, and crashed before the door opened.

OmniaNigrum likes this.