[CRAFT]Advanced Craft'n'Smelt

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by DungeonDragon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Ballance is a subjective thing. I think that a very good crafter and smith should be able to craft high-end things for themselves. Should you skip Tinkering, Smithing and Clockwork Knight you wouldn't benefit from this mod much, aside from cooking. I also actually made some ballanced meltdowns, where very cheap Crude and Rusty items would give you only scraps instead of ingots.

I also am not sure what do you mean by this. It can be interpreted in several ways, I gladly listen to any idea, so if you care to explain please do.

2. pi4t

pi4t Member

I put this on the Steam comments, but thought I'd post it here as well so you see it sooner. I've noticed that you're missing a couple of recipes, and (if I've understood the craftdb file correctly) it's impossible to 'craft yourself' either 'from head' or 'to toe', as it's impossible to make either a great helm or a pair of rocket boots (both needed for the elite clockwork armour). Might I suggest making the Great Helm have the same ingredients as the Knight's Helm, but require 1 lower smithing (to account for the fact that the Knight's Helm is marginally better). The Rocket Boots could be made from Sabatons, a Voltaic Cell, an Aetheric Power Cylinder, and Black Powder. Obviously it's up to you, though!

3. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

By crafting yourself from head to toe I meant that if you craft ALL Elite Imperial pieces and weapons you won't need anything else.

It's not that I forgot these recipes, I just didn't decide(especially for rocket boots) wether to add them or to make people find them. By reading what you have posted I think I'll add these pieces. I don't know wether or not Rocket Boots will be a hidden recipe I also need to think about recipes. Good thought about Great Helm, I think I've mistaken it for the Knights Helm when I was looking at Imperial and Boilerplate helm recipes.

Btw do you have any thoughts about Lockpicks crafting? Right now I'm considering wether I should increase the amount each case produces or not.

Mod development v1.9

[​IMG]

4. pi4t

pi4t Member

Well, personally I haven't found I've been running out of lockpicks much at the moment, and during my game (which I sadly had to abort due to getting CotW and because of wanting the updated version of this mod) I had better uses for my steel! I'm afraid I probably didn't get far enough into the game to answer.

If you can't tell, I'm fairly new to DoD, and haven't reached the endgame. Those recipes look a lot better than anything I could come up with, though! The rocket boots probably should be hidden, yes, as a lot of other things of that tier are.

One thing I'd suggest, which I thought of after making my previous post, would be to consider switching the boots ingredient to aluminium boots, as fitting more in with the theme.

5. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Yeah I thought about aluminum boots too, because they've got wings and all. :) But I just don't see Aluminum WInged Boots as a base for the Rocket Boots.

6. pi4t

pi4t Member

Well, I guess either works. Just wanted to suggest them in case you hadn't thought of them.

Incidentally, when can we expect 1.9 to be released? I want to know whether to start a new game or wait!

7. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Tomorrow or in a couple of days. I could've updated already but because of the SteamWorkshops force update feature I don't want to spam version, so I need to look into other details before next release.

8. pi4t

pi4t Member

You could always do a smaller update (1.8.5) on the forum, and then only upload the big updates to steam, if that isn't too awkward to do.

Personally, though, I just decided to remove the subscription from Steam and install manually. That actually seemed to work fine and allow me to continue my game from where I left it.

If you hadn't gathered, I desperately want to be able to craft my gear from base materials, but don't want to end up waiting for several days either :)

9. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Yep manual installation is better because you actually control your mod installation, and if you don't won't the next version you simply stay on the one you've already installed.

As for the release date it probably will be tomorrow :)

10. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added a Steel Dagger, because there is no such thing in game for some reason. Add experimental Brass+Iron Boots. They have less :sneakiness: and :magic_power: penalty, less :block: but more :resist_piercing: resistance. I also made rough items behave as crude when smelting. That means they will give you scraps instead of Ingots until level 5 in either Smithing or Tinkering. Same goes for Iron Dirk, Sacrificial Dagger and Steel Dagger(however they need level 4 to get ingots). logic behind this is to reduce iron and steel output until your are skilled enough from very cheap weapons

Added some generic recipes, because I'm not an alchemist so I have no use for rust. I also need Iron scraps for my recipes.

11. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Version 1.9 released

12. pi4t

pi4t Member

*Cheers*

EDIT: It seems to be possible to make a triple brass into copper using the ingot press. I assume this wasn't intended?

13. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

v 1.10 Development
    I think It'll be mostly ballance and cleaning update

Thing is no matter what I do I always find myself at the beginning of level 3 with 25+ Iron Ingots. I also have 2 Iron crafted Axes(6 Ingots each) Iron helm Iron boots and Irong Cuirass. Each level contains at least one smith room where you can find Hematite which is 2 Ingots. To reduce the amount of Iron you are swimming in, I've reduced the output of ALL Iron and Steel items which price is lower than 900 zorkmids to Scraps only.

One the other hand very pricy artifacts that produce valuable metals on level 6 Crafting/Smithing will give you 2 Ingots.
    Removed Brass to Bronze recipe because it's redundant. Added new Aluminum recipe from both 1 Tube and 1 Piping.
    Removed Spice and Flour from Crafty Craft because they just don't fit there.
    Diverced Elite crafting recipes(swapped some stem bolts with Voltaic Cells, put Sapphire into the ingridient for Elite Clockwork Helm, to make sence for it blue eyelences)
    Also I've decided to put a crazy item I've commented out before. It's a very powerful amulet, however it'll require crafting level 9 so it's impossible to craft it without Clockwork Knight and Tinkering level 7 + Tinkering Goggles.

I'm also thinking about adding Elite Clockwork Steam-powered Shield.
    Maybe Clockwork Tome and Clockwork Staff(However I don't think that tinkering is included in mage built so maybe it's not a good idea)

14. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Isn't the spice used to make a few food stuffs or is there 2 types of spices? I know I often grind my fruits into spice and all my cheese and use those into cheese soup.. Flour I don't use as much but I do occasionally to make a quick sandwich

15. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

I just removed the flag that makes spice and flour appear in Crafty Crafts :)
    Flour is used in recipes that are more rewarding than cheese soup, I maybe nerf cheese soup a bit. Maybe it doesn't make a difference on Going Rouge but on Elvish Reality very nutritious food is essential.

16. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Is it just me or did you change the Water recipes in 1.9 to only need 2 booze instead of 3?

17. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Only 2 I was afraid that there won't be enough booze, however I'm planning to change that to 3 in 1.10 because there are plenty of them :)

18. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I dunno, 2 seems fine for me. But I usually play on NTTG, so I get less booze

19. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Good point I never played NTTG, so I never ballanced mod with NTTG in mind

20. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Ok I've made a decision to make two separate versions of this mod. One will be pretty much the same as it is now. The other will provide more challenge yet have all the same capabilities