[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I've tested it with and without this mod. It definitively is.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. delta534

delta534 Member

Can I get an estimated release date for an updated version.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Unlikely. It was released early for beta testing. Fax has been very scarce since then. He basically ceased to exist here and in a few other threads. I stopped using this one and will just continue to watch the thread for when it is updated.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  4. delta534

delta534 Member

We have Essence's comment in this thread which also suggests that it is still being worked on and that there is more than one person is now working on it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, Megaron did some work on it, too, and Fax asked me to whip up a couple of clever Dungeon Delver-like skills for the Warrior and Wizard archetypes so that you could get all of the tools you need to navigate VoM's trickier rooms within any archetype. I might also stat out some items for VoM, too, if I get time. Balancing work, a 4-year-old, this, and the ECSRII means nothing is moving really quickly right now, but I'm making steady progress all around. :)

6. delta534

delta534 Member

Take your time, also what did megaron do to it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Honestly, you'd have to ask Fax. I might even be wrong on exactly who it was that was working on it, but I'm pretty sure it was Megaron. :oops:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. delta534

delta534 Member

Eh, it does not matter to much. I'm just trying to figure out what is causing the crash on level 6/7.

It seems that the judgmental traps are causing the crash on going down floors. Now there is an issue with a lockup around floor 11-12.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'll have to look at the traps some more.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Oh fax, the -exp traps are from this mod, right? If so, something seems odd.. When an enemy steps on them, I lose exp even tho I'm not the one who triggered them :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. delta534

delta534 Member

The issues are the sound effect used for the judgmental trap spells does not exist and the origin image xml file for the judgmental traps is a copy of the manasap origin image xml file. Also the game does not like the Gold Knuckles as defined. It somehow causes my game to stop responding when it tries to spawn it on any floor except floor 1.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Essence

Ahh, I was just wondering if grantxp worked in the negative. Hmm...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I propose making them hit the player with that only if whatever stepped on it matches the taxa (you know).

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  14. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

That could work. Is there an actual taxa for the player? I only see animals, oozes, demons, undeads, constructs and others..

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Wasn't the "player" taxa, too? Or something like "character".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Unless they inserted actual "player" taxa in the meantime and made it the only thing that works on the player character for the purposes of taxa checking, every possible taxa works on the player character and thus using something completely absurd that no monster would ever have as neither its taxa nor part of its name will work there (so stuff like "qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm" ought to be kosher in that case).

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  17. Leot

Leot Member

Is it possible to split the skill in this mod off from the rest as a separate release? This was the first roguish utility skill i greatly enjoyed using, not even burglary holds my interest like this one does.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The very reason it has not already been done is that it is a massive amount of work. But like anything else in reason, it is possible if you want to do it.

Sorry, I barely understand basic XML. And Fax uses his own unique twist on seemingly simple things that makes it too much work for me. (Then again, so do all the good mod authors.)

Kazeto likes this.
  19. Leot

Leot Member

Ha ha ha alright, well then I suppose the question would simply be: Where are the resources for me to start learning? I have logged over 500 hours into Dredmor, it is about time that I tried my hand at programming mods.

Vitellozzo, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

With that attitude, may I say that you are most welcomed here! :D

Open any mod that interests you and read the files ending in .xml and you can pretty easily figure out the majority of things. In particular, skillDB.xml and spellDB.xml contain 99% of what the mods actually work on. (Excluding graphics and sound files obviously.)

Also this link to DredMod will help massively. And remember that if you get stuck, there are usually many here who would be glad to help figure out whatever you get stuck on. Just post a message here or in a new thread on the modding section of the forums.

If you manage to get the skills separate from the rest, you will have earned a lot of friends here. Good luck. Do not hesitate to ask for help if you get stuck. (It has been a while since I was even looking at mods, but I had this topic in my watchlist since it was made.)

Vitellozzo likes this.