Horrid Thing Skill

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Chiko, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Chiko

Chiko Member

Lolz. It's in the workshop now. Thanks for the help, lads! Never really thought about lowercase sensitive issues.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Chiko

Chiko Member

Oh well... there's another issue now. Workshop version goes all "File named Skills/AbsorbCorpse_32.png not found. The game will probably crash!" on me. But when I unzip the files I used in Steam Workshop to load the game the non-workshop way, the game works just fine.

I'm guessing the text in the XML files need to be in lowercase too in order to work there?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Not just the text, the filenames themselves must also be lowercase. Otherwise you will have problems down the road if not immediately.

4. Chiko

Chiko Member

Took me a while but it's working there now. Phew!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Cookie Cutter

Cookie Cutter Member

For some reason whenever I am in gruesome shape there are no abilities on the hot bar and i can't add any on to it. I know we are not meant to use normal abilities but i can't add any of the skills that work with it. Is this a problem with coding or is it just me? Can i fix or do i just have to live with it?

It is a great mod by the way and I love the idea. :) I just have that little gripe.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Chiko

Chiko Member

Ye using the Workshop version or the one available here? Also, it requires Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion.

Edit: I tried both and they work just fine. Only thing I can do is to wait for yer reply. Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion requirement is the only thing I can think about in this moment.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Cookie Cutter

Cookie Cutter Member

I don't have the Realm of the Diggle Gods expansion, that's probably the problem. I am defiantly planning on getting with all the great mods that it has and it's only 3 bucks!

Thanks for helping me with my problem.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Chiko

Chiko Member

No worries, lad.
    I need to add the <require expansion="1"/> string in the version available in here so it at least lets ppl know about it.
    There's also a Typo I need to fix and a skill I want to edit a bit so I'll try to upload a new update for both versions of the mod today.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Just to put everyone at ease, Cookie Cutter now has RotDG and the second Expansion.

10. Chiko

Chiko Member

That's good to hear. Both expansions add cool skills and items.

Also, I was planning on making Gruesome Shape available while in both Bat and Diggle Form but it doesn't work as intended and then it crashes. Is there a way to make a buff end earlier when using another Skill/Spell?

Also, I was thinking about making like for instance... A monster is attacked by Digestive Vomit and gets a "Covered in Vomit" debuff. Using Seize Victim on that monster will heal you even more and give you a small Exp reward. So... is that even possible? D:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Aegho

Aegho Member

If it is, it would be very convoluted, since you can't check for enemy debuffs in any way. Maybe if you turn seize victim into an attack, and add a proc on the covered in vomit that gives the attacker(you) a buff, and then you check for that buff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... I'll have to search the core XMLs and see if I can find something.

Also, Steam user Bacon Jesus just suggested something I'll have in mind for the next update. I'll just leave it here:

Bacon Jesus: Alright so I had an idea for the Horrid thing skill, after watching the new one. Have you thought of possibly after using Assume bio mass, that there would be lets say a %30 chance of spitting out a random reagent like Iron Ingots or the such? The scene when the main actress goes into the bathroom and finds the fillings is what made me think of that, and also at the end. That was brutally epic.
    Çhiko: Hmm... makes sense. I'll take a look at the files and see how I can do that but I'm pretty sure it's not really hard.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  13. Scunch

Scunch Member

For some reason the steam workshop version of this mod has a broken cooldown on the transformation skill. It sets the cooldown at 61 (it's supposed to be 60) and just sits there. I'm about to try the one here, I'll let you know if it works.

Edit: Just realized how old the last post was. Didn't mean to necro. The file on the OP isn't being recognized by the launcher, I assume it's too old. I'd love to see this issue fixed, I really want to use this mod.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

The cooldown bug is fixed by either reloading your game or simply by putting the skill back into the skill bar. Pretty much every mods that gives a lvl 1 skill has that issue (unless you're talking of a different skill.. I haven't used horrid thing in a while).

15. Scunch

Scunch Member

That fixed it, thanks. I don't know how many times I've searched some combination of "skill" "cooldown" and "broken" over the last couple of days trying to figure this out. Is there a sticky somewhere mentioning that problem? Cause there should be.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

17. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Necroing the thread just to post my self edited Horrid Thing version,
    I've created a dummy monster which is simply a Potato Beholder coloured red, because I couldn't feel the feeling of being a meat monster, being a brown potato. Maybe I'll update it after recolouring the tentacles in a darker tone.

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

nice idea :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hello, lads. It's been a while since I last checked on these parts. I got a message that this mod is not working properly with the new expansion; Conquest of the Wizardlands. I decided to take a look and see what's the problem but I have been unable to pinpoint the issue.

Quote from a post in the Steam thread about this mod:
    The Birthday Skeleton: "Not sure if this has been caught, but in a recent start (this being with the new dlc btw), after using the Horrid Form once, the cooldown was shown as 61, and never seemed to decrease. Will conduct some tests to see if I can find some parameters for it."

Someone mentioned a solution to this in another post...
    Masdrain: "If you re-add the Horrid Form skill to the hotbar it fixes the cooldown."

This actually gets rid of the issue but does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it permanently?

Aww... I wanted to take a look at this but every time I try to open it, it says the file is corrupted. I have tried to download it again but it just wont let me. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Hmm it's working for me I've repacked this version without compression and attached to my post :)

Attached Files:

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.