Dredstuck! (Another Homestuck mod)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RionKatt, Aug 28, 2012.

1. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Should this conversation be migrated over to the new mod page, or should we keep the behind the scenes clutter out of its way?

2. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Out of the way. I think bug reports with the released mod should be posted there, but otherwise, keep everything here.

3. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

grim, before you do the swords, can you fix the transparency on the needles?

[​IMG]
    Ohohohoho I am so clever I included a screenshot and sneak preview of the skill as well.

4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It was a problem in the 64->32 format conversion. Someone worked in paint, or something else which doesn't support trasparency.
    Here it is the fixed sprites, tested by me (I changed the hidden flag briefly).
    Anyway, I think that, in a first glace, those skills give way too much stat points. But I don't know if there are (hopefully) drawbacks, so I'll test it next week to see how it is for real.

Attached Files:

5. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Thanks for covering me Vitellozzo.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  6. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

I appreciate the help, Vit, but the Needle Wands in your .zip are different than the one I used.

7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

What did you use, then? I can help with it too.
    In the mod released post, I've seen the needles I sent here.

8. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Hm. Must've checked the wrong folder, then. Thanks, Vit. Now to work on Strider Swag. Anyone have any ideas on skills?

9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I've played more the Problem Sleuth story, so I really can't help with ideas.

10. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

For Strider Swag, I'm thinking Flash Step is obvious enough. I'm also thinking of a skill named OmniBro where you get to make a clone of yourself. After that, I got nothing. Any suggestions?

11. Omnibrotence. And Chattering Puppet Flash Manipulation. Sick Fires. Possibly Iron(y) Armor and Unstoppable Chill too.

12. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

OmniBrotence. I like it.

Irony armor... maybe. I'm not sure what to do with the others, though.

13. Sick Fires adds conflagratory effects, and Unstoppable Chill adds hyperborean effects. The Chattering Puppet Style allows you to use Cal for devastating puppet-based techniques.

14. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Sorry for not working on the swords. I'm still getting situated at my apartment and college is just starting, so the time I can spend drawing will be limited. In the meanwhile, ask edrobot if you can use his sprites for testing purposes.

15. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

*nods* I will. And good luck with college!

16. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Okay, guys. I'm gonna have to put this project in the back seat for a moment. I have to focus on certain RL things first. Once that's all settled, I'll update this thread. I'll still be lurking around, but I won't be actively coding it.

Feel free to keep on making suggestions on what could be improved and what you guys wanna see in this mod.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  17. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

OKAY~!

So the thing has calmed down (though it may come back again) but as of right now, I will be actively coding this mod. :D

grimAuxilliam and Essence like this.
  18. Knallis

Knallis Member

I wish you luck on your mod, it sounds interesting! I am also kind of dabbling with homestuck related shenanegans, mostly with grist crafting. Once you get some stable skilltrees, I look forward to seeing your crafting, since that is the best way to homage homestuck in dredmor :3

19. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Just letting everyone know that I'm still alive...