Dredstuck: New Items! New Skills! New Recipes! New EVERYTHING!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by RionKatt, Sep 20, 2012.

1. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

!Attention!
    There are still loads of items, recipes, and skillsets left to be added! I've just decided to release this as I go skillset by skillset!
    ___________________________________________________________________________​
    Tired of your Vanilla skillsets? Want to see even more familiar references in your game? Want SWAG?
    The All-New Dredstuck
    Now featuring:
    New Skills
    New Items
    New Recipes
    New Spells
    Grimdarkmancy
    You've lost your only parent. Your friends may all be dead. The Horrorterrors are louder than ever, whispering to you. It's time to go GrimDark.​
    • Skill Trees
      • Eldritch Whisperer
      • HorrorTerror Conversationalist
      • GrimDark Medium
      • ... and more!
    • Spells and (De)Buffs!
      • The Horror
      • Blackout Bolt
      • ... and more!
    • Items
      • Knitting Needles
      • Needle Wands
      • Thorns of Oglogoth
      • ... and more!
    • Crafting Recipes
      • Find out for yourself!
    GET YOURS NOW!!

Coming Soon....
    • Strider Swag!
    • Druknen Mastruy!
    • New swords!
    The modder and her accomplicse do not take responsibilities for any liabilities, including, but not limited to: imps, sprites, psychotic chess nobility, deadly playing card references, elder gods from: Beyond, Before, Between, Beneath, Behold, and Betwixt the furthest ring, except for elder gods from Belittle the furthest ring. No responsibility is taken for consumption of the soul by horror-terrors, cherubs, obsession, and genderbent fanart. Dredstuck mod should not be taken orally, aurally, or via intermuscular injection. Please get stuck in Dredmor responsibly.
    _____________________________________________________________________________​
    Okay, initial release of Dredstuck! I'm not sure if I've OP'd Grimdarkmancy or not, so I'll leave it to you guys to try it out and tell me!

Suggestions, bug reports and comments are very, very helpful!

Changelog
    • v.1.0.0
      • Initial release. No changes made yet.
      • Grimdarkmancy and associated items/spells/recipes released.
    • v1.0.1
      • Fixed the /grimdarkmancy thing
      • Is it just me, or does the Level 4 sprite appear too big on the skillbar? Trying to fix, but not sure what's broken. :/
    • v1.0.2 - Sept 22, 2012.
      • Fixed Blackout Bolt icon bug
      • Fixed sfx bug
    • v1.0.3 - Sept 22, 2012
      • Fixed /sfx/ issues

Attached Files:

2. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I'm getting this error message when I try to load the game. I peaked into the xml a bit and I found this:
    <spell icon="sprites/skills/horrorterror_2_64.png" type="self" name="Squidissension">
    <buff icon="sprites/skills/horrorterror_2_64.png" bad="1" smallIcon="sprites/skills/horrorterror_2_32.png"

Is that the cause of the issue? It doesn't call for it in the sprites/skills/grimdarkmancy/ part..

Edit: Seems like it is. I edited the spellDB.xml to add the grimdarkmancy bit and it's loading fine now.

Attached Files:

3. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Ah, sorry about that. Must've missed it somehow. Is there anything else that seems off? I ran it well enough a few times, but maybe something's different. I'll reupload with a small fix.

EDIT: Uploaded. Something I didn't notice before showed up, though. It isn't game breaking, but it is annoying. :/a

4. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Found another issue :( The sfx folder is missing. And thanks for fixing the icon for blackout bolt. Didn't think to mention that one when I did the bug report for the other one.

Attached Files:

5. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Okay. Fixed that one. Still don't know what I'm doing wrong with the blackout bolt one. It matches up okay and validator says everything's fine. :c

6. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Okay, new version uploaded. Changelog updated.

7. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

It's still looking for /sfx/ in some places..
    <anim frames="5" sprite="sprites/sfx/curse_hit/curse_hit"/>
    <anim frames="5" sprite="sprites/sfx/impact_necromantic/impact_necromantic" centerEffect="0" sfx="explosion!"
    <anim frames="5" sprite="sprites/sfx/impactA/impactA" centerEffect="0" sfx="emo_energy" frameRate="35" firstFrame="2"/>

I dunno if they're not supposed to be there, or if something's wrong with the upload cause there's still no sfx folder in the sprites bit. (see attachment)

Sorry if I'm being overzealous or something :(

Attached Files:

8. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

you seem to have quite the mod here. I think i'll give it a looksee.

edit: hmmm... you might want to roll back the sell price on some of your new items, it does have the potential to unbalance the game when you can get near infinate zorkmids from selling to brax.

9. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

.... Odd. Let me try something. I think it'll be redundant, but maybe that should fix it... Come back here in about 30mins

Okay, is it loading for you okay now?

10. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

It's missing impact_necromantic0005.png still. The sfx folder has 0000 to 0004

Edit: I'm sorry :( I keep posting bugs.. But! I'm looking forward to the other skillsets, not being a big mage-type, Grimdarkmancy isn't my style of skill. Still enjoying the flavor of it tho. I just feel like the health reductions might be a bit limiting. Pretty much -have- to play it with vegan if I wanna survive (might be different for someone who's used to playing mages.

11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

And, btw, can you put an artifact level on those needles? They seems useful and strong, so no level of artifact doen't give them justice.
    I don't see the problem, bugs affect the value of a mod making it useless or less effective than it should be.
    Flavour is everything!

12. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I agree with the artifact level.. As for my bugs comment, it's most cause it's the only thing I've had mentioned in the thread. I'm used to beta testing, since that was actually what I used to work in so I tend to report bugs as soon as I see one. Some people might take it wrong, which was why I apologized :p

Vitellozzo likes this.
  13. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

@Ruigi: I'll try to rebalance them. The needles are one-of-a-kind, though. If you sell them, you can't get more. :eek:

@Rakanrad: It's okay! It's good that you keep posting bug reports! The mod validator doesn't catch everything, so your input is very helpful! And yes, cutting off massive amounts of HP was the point. Since Grimdarkmancy is kinda OP in the sense of magic, I decided to balance it a little by reducing HP. Mages traditionally have very little HP, anyway. n.n

@Vit: Hm, I thought I already put artifact levels.... Lemme fix that.
    EDIT: Actually, since what I put in didn't do a thing, I'm not sure if I /can/ put some artifact level on the item. If anyone knows how, please do tell me.​

Vitellozzo likes this.
  14. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Code:
    <item name="Fireman's Axe" iconFile="items/axe_firemans.png" level="6" type="1" >
        <price amount="1260"/>
        <weapon slashing="6" conflagratory="2"/>
        <secondarybuff id="18" amount="1"/> <!-- sight range to see through smoke-->
        <resistbuff conflagratory="2" />  <!-- Turns out resistbuffs don't work on weapons. This is worse than intended till they fix that bug. -->
        <description text="The perfect tool for rescuing kittens from trees."/>
        </item>
    This is from Interior Dredmorating, and I've encountered it in some of my runs. And, judging from the price, it should be really a level 6 item, since it sells to you for 1260 (and ID hasn't balance problems).
    Code:
    <item name="Axcalibur" iconFile="items/axe_axcalibur.png" level="17" type="1" artifact="1">
      <price amount="14563"/>
      <weapon slashing="35" righteous="5"/>

<secondarybuff id="7" amount="10"/>

<description text="You're not entirely sure how this works, but you may or may not have just become the rightwise king of Axland." />

</item> 
    And this is from More Dred - item pack. I cannot see the <artifact quality="1"/> line you put into your itemDB.
    What does that means?

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That means these items' artefact quality is equal to 0, but their names won't change when you krong them or get them as buffed-up version from either Inconsequentia or the post-zoo reward (it's the same with "Poncho Without a Name").

16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

So item level = artifact level - 1 ?

17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No. Artefact quality does not affect item level.

18. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

steam workshop release?

19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, fixed it right now.
    You just need to put the level="x" into the <item name="[...] line. I've tried giving them level 1 / 5 / 8 / 12 and it worked. Anyway, strange, because I saw that level tag before, in your mod.
    Btw, those are pretty powerful weapons, but I can figure that not everyone can craft those, since those blueprints.

20. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

I can just imagine finding them in brax's store and just blasting your way to the exit. Not that it'll happen all too often.

Vitellozzo likes this.