Insurance Fraud fraud, guide to.

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Psiweapon, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Kill as many possible monsters on the same square, then cast Insurance Fraud on it.

That's it. Sometimes it doesn't yield anything, though.

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I find it amusing that we have a guide for doing insurance frauds.

That being said, thank you for that. Most of the "advanced" players do know that, but or beginners it might be a great bit of knowledge.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

That's a bug, didn't they fix that?

4. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

Yeah, it's been fixed. The original post was before the fix.

I don't understand what resurrected this thread. Was it a spambot or just someone who got lost?

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Looks like it was a spambot.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Whatever. Below a certain threshold it's difficult to say whether it's an idiot who can't use his brain effectively or a spam-bot with no brain whatsoever. And in this case, it's irrelevant which one it was.

7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

A big tell is that the person who bumped the thread doesn't have any other posts.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It is usually a way to tell. But believe me, I saw people who registered and made idiots out of themselves with their first posts on other forums, so while it is unlikely that it was an actual person, I deem it to not be impossible.

9. Troy Lowry

Troy Lowry Member

I'm a bit embarrassed to say so but I'm having trouble using this skill. It works ok if I cast it on myself where where it costs like 62 Zorkmids and I end up with 100 back after being hit 5 times (or so). That's just not a lot of cash. Plus it gets offset by the random banker debuffs.

As far as I can tell, when I use it on enemies I pay 62 and get less than what I paid back probably because I usually kill the monster in fewer hits than it would take to pay back. Oh, and I still get the debuffs there also. So, as far as I can tell, at best with Insurance Fraud you get a tiny amount back and it's frightfully easy to lose money via debuffs.

Am I missing something? Is there any way to make this skill pay even moderately well?

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Use it on corpse piles and get rid of the debuff; then use abilities which can target ground but don't destroy corpses.
    Alternatively, use it on your pet and get rid of the debuff; then just try to keep it alive.

Also, this ability's effect scales with the dungeon floor number, so trying to profit from it normally (without corpse fraud, so to speak) on the first floor (and possibly the second, too) is like trying to get rich by selling lemonade for 25 cents a cup.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Except that in real life kids sell lemonade for almost free, and people often give them a $20 bill or something equally crazy just for actually bothering to try. :D

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

But you won't get rich with a few 20 dollar bills, so the point still stands.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Troy Lowry

Troy Lowry Member

Oh great, you managed to destroy my plans for getting rich in the game AND in real life in one post. Thanks...

TheJadedMieu, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.