WTF moments in games

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Createx, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it's like learning how to fight using polearms better by shaving your beard with a halberd.

SkyMuffin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Can you direct your Dwarves to do that in Dwarf Fortress? (Joking, obviously. You simply cannot shave a Dwarven Beard.:D)

3. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

You can, it's just reserved for the most heinous crimes among dwarfkind (treason, arson, being friendly to Elves, etc). For lesser crimes you just get beaten with a hammer.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I just flash-freezed dwarves responsible for things of this magnitude. But that's probably just me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

I use them as "volunteers" for the military. Scouting deep caverns, feeling out the enemy defenses, that kind of thing. I put them in a squad all by themselves and have them wear a "replace clothing" uniform with nothing in it but a wooden training spear. Naked with a pointed stick, that's the DWARVEN way to take down a cave troll...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Except even then they can win against fire elementals.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Createx

Createx Member

I just downloaded FTL and started playing. First time I mismanaged my fuel and ran out, but was doing ok.
    Second run, I was kicking ass. Had like 5 crew members, Rebel fleet way behind me, so I decided to explore the sector a little more. That was when I noticed how fast things can turn ugly in this game...
    Two sectors later, I was trapped with the rebel fleet and no way out. 2 battles later, I was dead.
    Roguelikes just give you the best wtf moments :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.