Dredstuck! (Another Homestuck mod)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RionKatt, Aug 28, 2012.

1. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Oh don't be ashamed for having noob questions. Just look at the modding board. It's filled with questions about modding, no matter how simple the solution ends up to be. Ask and you shall receive (answers). I'll have more images by tomorrow. Any grimdark requests? I'll be drawing a bec noir style teleport, the dream bubble, and black thorny tangles.

2. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Ah, cool! Hm. I think we have enough for Grimdarkmancy. I still have no idea what else to put in Strider Swag other than the swords and teleport.

3. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Oops, I did it again.

[​IMG]

I need help filling those other three slots! Just the names would be helpful!

4. What about Blackout Bolt (wide-ranging debuff that effectively makes you sneakier by reducing enemy ability to detect you), Trance of the Woegothics (adds Necromantic damage and resist at all times and allows you to enter a powerful state a la Rose when she vs.'ed Jack) and- earlier on, bumping up other things- Ogloparry (deals :dmg_necromatic: to enemies when you block, counter or dodge)?

5. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Coming right up, two forms of teleportation. I might want to retry that. Next up, brambles. And now bubblr.
    EDIT:I can't seem to get the dream bubble right. Probably need to put more skill points into artistry. If you really need the bubble, then I'll do my best. Otherwise, I'll be drawing other things.
    bec_tele_1.png bec_tele_2.png thornswoggle.png

6. Konork

Konork Member

How about making that powerful state triggered by an AoE burst around the character called At The Price of Oblivion?

7. Sounds good to me. And at the end you experience a debuff of some sort as you come down off the Lovecraftian high? Maybe Squidissension?

8. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Here is one for anything about eldrich speech. Feedback would be nice, something seems off here.
    eldrich_tongue.png

9. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

The shine on it is too big. Should cover just a little more than 1/3 of the bottom lip total.

Also, I'll work on all the spells suggested and will come up with a list to edit into the OP. Also. I have a job now, so this thing may get slowed down a little.

10. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Life has its priorities. Just work on it when you have time. Also, fixed the teeth, sort of, maybe.
    eldrich_tongue.png
    Edit: And an image for Blackout Bolt.
    blackout_bolt.png
    Edit2: With only a low down payment of two universes, the power of the first guardians can be yours today.
    (To be used for At the Price of Oblivion)
    green sun.png
    Edit3: A weapon suitable for boy skylarks during Flarp sessions. (We really need more mods with daggers)
    daggerlance.png
    Note, the current skill icon can be reused for trance of the woegoths.

11. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

I hate to double post, but NEEDLES! Sorry Tentacle for encroaching on your wand drawing skills. I'll also be drawing more Homestuck weapons.
    needles.png needlewand.png thorns.png quills.png

12. I'd totally give a Grimdarkmancy player a pair of Needles.
    Then you use a Mana Potion to turn them into the Wizardly Needles, Powder of Ibn Gazi to turn those into the Thorns of Oglogoth, and (something?) to get the Quills of Echidna.

13. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Hm. I think it'd be a one-time item. You get it once and then you have to use the normal needles till you get the suitable level and wand-crafting skill. To balance it out, you see.

14. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Etc Weapons.
    claws.png
    Claw Gloves:
    You never know when you might encounter some unsuspecting prey. Or when some prey might encounter an unsuspecting you!
    brokenbow.png
    Broken Bow:
    This bow is utterly useless at firing arrows. I guess you could still strangle someone with the string.
    boondollar1.png boondollar2.png boondollar3.png boondollar4.png
    Boondollar (Values unknown, maybe 10, 5, 50, 100):
    Scaling the echeladder has given you boondollars. Too bad Brax only accepts zorkmids.

15. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Phew! My first day off! Now I got a lot of things to do. :/

I shall code after I get some well-deserved rest.

grimAuxilliam and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Sorry for double post. I need someone to help me figure out why the Hell isn't what I've done so far crashing the game. :|a

17. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Kazeto likes this.
  18. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Yeah. According to that, I have no errors. Game still crashes as soon as I enter the Hero's name.

19. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Can you post what code you have and any error messages you get upon crashing?

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Is that regardless of whether you choose skill trees added by this mod, or only when you do that?