Plush Diggle

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Could be, we'll have to wait and see what the shipping will be like.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

International shipping is a bit problem for both the Diggles and for TopatoCo stuff. We'll see what we can do, and I'll certainly bring it up with ShouldBee, but I get the feeling that this is just one of those really stupid things that nobody can do anything about. When I talked to the ShouldBee folks at PAX, this was definitely something that they're listening to, and they are going to see what can be done - at least for folks in Canada and the UK.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Thanks, Nicholas. I understand shipping is likely to be a barrier for most, sadly, but... that's the way the dice fall, sometimes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'll probably have to name mine "Andrew", because anyone who meets him face-to-face will assume that's his name.

[​IMG]
    The whole gaslamp crew signed my diggle whilst my mana regen rate was going through the roof during a late night PAX party! (The 'About' page will help you figure out at least some of the signatures, if you're lost. I know I felt like I needed a scorecard, and I was there while it was being signed.)
    [​IMG]

It's time to put the kiddies to bed, because the final signature is in a place that is clearly NSFD (Not Safe For Diggling).
    :cool: Micah J. Best scribed his John Hancock on the the diggle's ..umm... John Hancock. :confused:

[​IMG]

Kyrie, OmniaNigrum, adelmagne and 6 others like this.
  5. Hah!

I also like how it is displayed on top of a certain famous hat. Or one that looks very similar, anyway!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oh, it's the Hat of Bergstrom, alright. Since they were so kind to name a minor character in their setting after me, I figured the least I could do was wear the whole costume to PAX.

7. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

wow, I totally wish i was there. too bad I live on the east coast.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Nicholas

Official word on getting International Shipping from Shouldbee: "Within the next week or two." We're still trying to figure out if we can do anything about shipping; UPS ships by weight, and the Diggle is pretty hefty both in terms of size and volume. USPS, uh, has its own problems. Do you guys have any preferences or suggestions?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Adding an option to have it shipped via normal postal services, perhaps?

It usually takes longer that way but is about half as expensive. Or at least it's like that where I live.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

But less reliable, and when you're talking monies and international shipping you want reliability.

I've had no issue with DHL before, I think, or UPS. Or FedEx (though the delivery driver was a bit of a cock).

OmniaNigrum and TheJadedMieu like this.
  11. Nicholas

DHL sent me a series of Korean cellphones once, when I was working for Samsung. They arrived in tiny, perfectly wooden packing crates.

Never again.

OmniaNigrum and TheJadedMieu like this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Was that the fault of DHL or the company who shipped them? ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, DHL's fault might be negligence as they shan't allow anyone to send electronics with such a packaging. But that is only a "might", and the company is to blame for the most part.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'd only buy a diggle if there's a way to pay for it in stores, either via selling plush diggles in store shelves, or perhaps a voucher in stores which can be used online that pays for both the cost and the S&H. My Paypal currently isn't working, and I don't have a credit card cause I'm on SSI.

Edit: being able to pay for it in Steam Bucks would work too. Or maybe have topatoco release gift cards in American Stores.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

I just checked and the have shipping to the UK and Canada now. The only problem is that shipping to the UK costs $38, making a total of $58 for to get one.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

what
    the
    daggle

That's obscene.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Thecakepie

Thecakepie Member

WOW that's.... insane.

I'd love to have color options, and maybe you guys can talk to shouldabee about baby diggles for people overseas (would likely solve some of the international shipping nightmare too).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Let's take it even further.

If I were to buy it, I would have to chip in another 12$ to have it shipped from UK to my country. That gives us 70$.
    Then, let's take the currency exchange rate which makes everything bought by me in dollars 3,8 times more expensive, and 70$ becomes an equivalent of about 265$.

Yeah, I think I can manage without the mascot... To hell with the exchange rate, though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That doesn't make sense at all. Currency exchange doesn't add fees unless the vendor/payment provider do, and I'm really unsure how you'd rack up $190 in fees.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's pretty simple. One unit of currency used in my country is equivalent to one dollar in USA (meaning that the average pay in said currency is pretty much equal to average pay in dollars in USA, and the prices translate 1:1 for the most part), but one dollar costs 3,8 of said currency.

Thus, buying stuff in dollars is suffering for me (and people in this country).

OmniaNigrum likes this.