Welcome - Clockwork Empires Announcement

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by MOOMANiBE, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

Why so serious ?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because I'm heartless. Or at least that's what my cardiologist says.

TheJadedMieu, Turbo164 and OmniNegro like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Grab a can-opener and an Urchin and you will get a heart soon enough. :D

(That can be taken multiple ways.)

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Wootah

Wootah Member

Everybody, think of the Urchildren?

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  5. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Shub Diggleoth.

So if guys who like My Little Pony are "Bronies", are guys who like Dungeons of Dredmor...

"Brownies"?

====

As to the universe of this game not being the "Dredverse", I have to say I'm anticipating either a broader expansion or an altogether different title in the Dredmor Universe at some point.

When do we get to meet the Dwarves? The Ulmish? For all the various types of metallic weapons, there would be individual mines... And all of those adventurers had to come from 'somewhere'. The Clockwork Knights... just who was their liege? Etc. IE, a Dredmor EU, so to speak.

But one that doesn't suck, like some other EUs out there.

7. Why? It's still a year+something afar and from what I already know of it I like it but it's not a simple project so the more I know of it the more chance that I may miss something which got cut out or which I imagined in another way. :p
    The procedural extrusion is cool BTW :D

8. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I hope the reverse is true. I hate online multiplayer.

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

How do you want to play such a game locally in multi-player in any way that would differ from single-player with switching seats is beyond me, really. You can make a single-player game for that and just change seats every so often, but there isn't really any other solution, unless what you mean for the game is to keep separate stats for both players, but that's not something I would place high on my priority list.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It has online multiplayer, as they've been working on netcode. I do not know about a local multiplayer option though, I'll let a real dev answer that.

11. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I just don't like playing multiplayer with strangers(aka potential friends that aren't really friends cause they live no where near you).

Edit: Re: Daynab: I can settle with LAN. That's Online and Local.

12. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Then just play online with your Real-life-friends. You can even be in the same room for that.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It will be a "choose with whom you play and have fun" kind of multiplayer, or at least that's how it appears from the introductory text. I mean, the "round robin" (or whatever it is called) mode is something that is supposed to emulate Dwarf Fortress' succession games, and with those you knew who you were playing with.

Either way, I don't think they would make it impossible to choose just who is it that you play with. It's a city-building game (well, kinda), so making it like that wouldn't make much sense because of griefing (which does not bring any fun, as opposed to misunderstandings that happen because of players knowing how to play but simply not knowing what the other players want to get done).