Another noob question

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by JaC381, Aug 31, 2012.

1. JaC381

JaC381 Member

Those 5-tile wide small rooms, with the 3 by 3 pool of water and the two braziers?
    Theres that one-tile square that sometimes spawns monsters when you step on it?
    What else does it do? I think I'm missing something. Thanks!

2. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Red one (usually) spawns 4 monsters and puts a vision debuff on you.

Blue one (usually) heals you and removes all curses from you.

Both sometimes do nothing.

3. JaC381

JaC381 Member

Thanks!
    Another one: I found an item called The Log. It has stats but no visible way to use it, and Dredmorpedia gives no info. Is this like the horse armor and does nothing, or like the Wizard's Sleeve that actually has a use in a crafting recipe? Anyone found a use for The Log?

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

I think the Log can be equipped as a shield, IIRC. Haven't found one yet so not sure on it.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No, you can only put it into your wizard sleeve and leave that combination lying on the horse armour. That's pretty much the only use it has.

Warlock likes this.
  6. Warlock

Warlock Member

Ouch. That's mean, Gaslamp. Oh well, I'll settle for 2x Orb of Nothing. [/QQ]

7. JaC381

JaC381 Member

Whoa - actually, I tried equiping it as a shield like you said Warlock, and it worked! It is a valid item!

Warlock likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, I just checked after waking up and noticed that too.

Colour me a sleep-deprived idiot.

Either way, sorry for confusing you (and countless other innocent players) by not checking whether what I read is true, Warlock.