Welcome - Clockwork Empires Announcement

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by MOOMANiBE, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Blue

Blue Member

I think the only outstanding question I have so far is: why was it codenamed Odin?

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Because Gaslamp.

Marak, OmniNegro and Turbo164 like this.
  3. Wootah

Wootah Member

I haven't played dwarf fortress.
    Would the characters do things like fight among themselves? Build buildings on their own? Open portals to other dimensions on their own?

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

From the little I could glean from the preview, probably yes. And if they throw in an adventure mode for certain parts of the game as special scenarios, I'll be TOTALLY DAMN sold about it.

5. BMandFighter

BMandFighter Member

Any rough idea on release date or beta testing?

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

From David in IRC, regarding release: late-ish 2013?
    Not official release date, early estimation.

7. TheMooseLord

TheMooseLord Member

Maybe you can send your citizens into the dungeon itself?
    A constant supply of corpses to prevent dredmor from leaving the dungeon and stealing all your steampunk cattle.

8. Wootah

Wootah Member

LATE 2013? As in more than a Year away?
    LATE 2013? As in more than 12 months from now?

9. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Clockwork Diggles?

10. impishacid

impishacid Member

so, is Dredmor set in the future of the CE-verse after the fall of the Empire? or is all the clockwork empire/'foreboding' scribbles just in the same theme as CE?

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's an early estimation, not an official release date.

12. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

In other words, it's likely to be even later than that!

13. Fayd

Fayd Member

Oh dear, and I was all excited. Well, quality is worth time, I suppose, so take your time to get it right!

Edit: Hrm, that sounded unduly critical/commanding. I'm sorry. I appreciate the time spent making a quality product, so... yeah. Sorry about the tone, sirs.

14. DragonOfTime

DragonOfTime Member

But how are we supposed to live that long without it! You have made me realize that I have a need for a game like this, and there are none quite like it!
    I guess things take time, but waiting is hard. Especially when it's something destined to be great. Oh well, I guess there are still more diggles to slay...

15. mutated

mutated Member

Has local hotseat play been discussed or confirmed or denied or thought about at all? There need to be more hotseat compatible games.

Not that it would particularly mar my impressions, but out of curiosity.

16. Hot-D

Hot-D Member

Is CE set in the same world than Dungeon of Dredmor's?
    It would be actually quite funny, considering the references. Exploding zeppelins would get 10 times better if we get to fight legions of flying diggles.
    I was hoping for another roguelike but a city-builder is something I can look forward to. I just hope failures are not a pre-requisite and at the end of the day, it's possible to build a successful city.

Of course, I never built a successful in SimCities since the first so I don't expect to play it as much as I played Dredmor...

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

this looks so fantastic. i am proud of all of you, even though we have no real life relationship and i have no authority with which to be proud. as a person who has a .00000000000000001% share in the company after purchasing diggle shirts, multiple copies of dredmor, and DLCs, i am proud. :D

OmniNegro and Blue like this.
  18. eskr

eskr Member

Still works.

OmniNegro, Giygas and SkyMuffin like this.
  19. Giygas

Giygas Member

If this is in the same universe as Dungeons of Dredmor, I want to fly a zeppelin in to Diggle Hell.

That'd be awesome...

20. eskr

eskr Member

Clockwork diggles you say?

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120820
    [​IMG]

Okay, it's really a clockwork narwhal. (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120822)
    Here, have this one then:

[​IMG]

Oh, as for the same world/universe/multiverse/endless set of hyper-dimensional turtles:
    Nicholas earlier said that it's not not the same universe. As in, it share similarities and no explicit discontinuities, however the link is not being made explicit so one is left to wonder (though expect Easter eggs [he didn't say the egg thing though]).
    He did say that there will be diggles in the new project however.
    Wild animals you fight? Creatures you tame?
    Geologists you can outsource too? TBD

Elves and dwarves will not be featured however.

Edit: Correction, Nicholas confirms that they are not the same universe, though there are overlaps.

OmniNegro, TheJadedMieu, deek and 4 others like this.