The Ominous Timer (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I SOLVED IT GUYS.

Okay so the countdown ends on August 27 2012. August is the eighth month. If we add up all those numbers we get two less than three eights.

But THEN if we check what time it ends on, that's 10 AM on GMT-6. 10 is two MORE than eight, and six is two less.

Who do we know that likes eights?

The Sender of Eight.

Who is a lovecraftian monster from Discworld.

ERGO: Project Odin will include lovecraftian monsters. And possibly also discs.

Q. E. D.

Giygas and OmniNegro like this.
  2. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

Even better, the countdown end at 00:00 on GMT+8 (Beijing, shanghai, etc.), on the 28th

tentacled-godqueen likes this.
  3. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

about 12 hours left. by the time I wake up tomorrow from my daily comatose state I'll see this super secret new online multiplayer steampunky game.

Better have hats in it.

4. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

my guess it's the declaration of the final name of project odin, perhaps even beta testing? (crosses fingers) or it would probably be alpha testing.

merging my theories with the ominous scribblings, it's a prequel to dredmor, possibly about a lovecraftian invasion (from some of the scribblings that can be deciphered, at least.)

just some of my thoughts.

and yeah, I'm not very creative XD

5. Dammit, I'll be flying for most of the day- my plane leaves 30 min before the countdown ends! Watch it be one of those planes where they let you have internet for $10 a minute or something. The connection option will be sitting there, seducing me to succumb...

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Just remember that $10 a minute is many times what a good, relatively clean hooker costs. (Unless you are a minute-man.)

Do not give in to that BS.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. 1024

1024 Member

So, I'm sure what the timer is not currently known, but the general guess is that it's related to Gaslamp's newest game?

8. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Umm... I'm almost afraid to ask... what airlines do you usually fly? And wouldn't a hotel room be cheaper?

impishacid likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol. I mean a normal hooker. Find an airline that serves as a brothel and you let me know about it. :D

Kazeto likes this.
  10. analogline

analogline Member

Because I'm boring and my first instinct is to seriously consider a question BEFORE making a joke about it (who let me in here, right?) I'm going to guess it's some kind browser-based Dredmor considering the hints Nicholas dropped (the Canadian govt project, and that Dredmor would be all that will be at PAX). This would make some sense, with all the Nethack in Dredmor, remembering the very very old days when people used to host (read: appropriate university resources in an unauthorized fashion) telnet servers where all you could do once you logged in was play Nethack (which I fondly remember doing too much of).

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not even a guess, it is kind of confirmed. But yeah, it's the countdown to their newest game's release (assuming they hadn't overworked Nicholas, causing him to fall asleep at work and miss the deadline).

12. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Why, oh, why I have to be at work *every single fucking time* when such things happen? It makes me feel like an adopted child who gets everything last.

13. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Release?

14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You mean you didn't know that it was the release today?!

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Or whatever it was. I lack sleep (as per usual), if that's an excuse for you.

16. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

I think we all like a certain consonant at the end of the english alphabet.

17. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Very close now.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Even closer now.

19. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

Watch the countdown get to 1 minute...then slowly climb back up.

20. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

2 minutes left!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.