Dredmor Patch 1.1.2 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 23, 2012.

1. eskr

eskr Member

Confirming that Amber Ring of Unending Time causes permanent game freeze everytime the ability with sparks procs.

Attached Files:

2. eskr

eskr Member

Also Charge of the Steam Brigade causes a CtD everytime I tried to use it to open a wlal in this Wizardlands (works otherwise).

Attached Files:

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

zip up your save directory and use the upload a file button.

eskr likes this.
  4. Archos

Archos Member

Whoa, my game just crashed after clicking on a skill to level up. Anyone had something like this?

5. eskr

eskr Member

That button was far too obvious for me to ever see. :) Thanks.

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

What skill, and what version of the game? What expansions do you have?

7. Archos

Archos Member

I'm at 1.1.2, have all the expansions, and it was the second smithing skill (Ingoteer).

I just tried it again, and it didn't crashed. I was on second floor, on a zombie zoo room that I just entered.

I have no clue what caused this :/

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sadly I have no insight to offer. But we will certainly watch the skill-tree closely for issues that happen like this one.

Archos likes this.
  9. eskr

eskr Member

@Archos: I'm getting a fair bit more 'random' crashes (as well as slowdowns) with the latest patch relative to the hotfixes. The autosave feature seems to be working though, so they haven't caused much concern. The repeatable bugs are more problematic.

10. Archos

Archos Member

@OmniNegro: Thanks! I'll try to find any pattern on those crashes, and post more info here.

@eskr: Heh, that helped me too, the autosave wasn't too far from the crash point, lucky me.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. analogline

analogline Member

Having another problem, this time with Promethean Magic, or at least it seems to be tripping the problem. Twice in as many hours, after killing the last visible enemy with environmental damage from fireball/rune of exploding the game has locked up...oddly. My avatar keeps "walking" and no interface elements respond to mouse clicks, however mouseover (highlighting the menu/crafting/etc buttons) and tooltip visual effects happen fine, and after waiting awhile the avatar goes from "walking" to whipping out his PSP, so it seems to think it's idle, but I can't do anything. I can alt-tab back and forth with no problems (full-screen). Reloading the autosave the first time let me play fine for some time (didn't record exactly how long) until it happened again.

12. I'm not 100% sure about this, but my heavily-enchanted fedora wasn't getting further bonuses from Anvils - is there now a hard cap on total enchantment buffs? (Obviously not counting CoE damage bonuses, since those are apparently stored elsewhere in the weapon data as they don't get reshuffled with "This Translation Is All Wrong!")

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

As far as I know the tooltip still isn't fixed to reflect the bonus you get from the anvil alone when you use it, so it sometimes looks like you didn't get anything. You have to compare your stats before and after you take it off to confirm this.

14. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

I just started a new game with the following skills:
    1. Staves
    2. Psionics
    3. Magic Training
    4. Ley Walker
    5. Alchemy
    6. Wand Lore
    7. Magical Law
    Every now and then enemies (not sure if just animals) seem to be dropping different kind of meats, awfully similar to the Butchery.

If this is intentional, I like it :)

15. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

Have you equipped a little red cookbook?

OmniNegro and Turbo164 like this.
  16. Warlock

Warlock Member

Equipping a little red cookbook or Cleavus, the axe of meatpaste can cause butchery to sometimes proc when you hit enemies.

OmniNegro and Turbo164 like this.
  17. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Douh! Did not know that about the little red cookbook.

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I just finished a quest and I got a Helm of Threepwood with 1:trap_sense:. glad that is finally fixed:D

Essence likes this.
  19. joe bones

joe bones Member

I've had a few very random crashes too, which also didn't seem to happen in the later hotfixes.

Particularly, I definitely crashed on selecting a skill for level up at least once. I have all expansions + Interior Dredmorating and no other mods on Windows 7 x64. Sorry I don't have any more useful information.

20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

just had a runtime error crash. save's attached!

the game has been very stable for 30 hours of gameplay so far though.

Attached Files: