Patch arrival?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Borodin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

Just wondering when the 1.1.12 patch is scheduled to arrive. See, a bunch of us boys and girls were planning to greet it at the airport with party favors and fruit drinks. You know how that goes.

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Oh, right. Yeah. The Twitter feed announced earlier today that it's delayed whilst they sort out an issue with some defence stats.

3. Borodin

Borodin Member

Thanks.

4. Borodin

Borodin Member

One more day for the patch, presumably. Hope it makes it, since my wife and I have both been holding off playing, given all the changes.

5. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Just lost my beloved Rogue Scientist/Clockwork Knight to a Rutabaga, hopefully he'll be the last casualty to their powers of devastating buggyness. This patch shall be coloured green with the sap from those veggies as we take our just revenge! REVEEEEEENGE!

6. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

I think it's out now. I'm staring at the Main Menu, it says Version 1.1.2.

7. Musaab

Musaab Member

On Steam? Are you sure you didn't manually install the hotfix?

8. Borodin

Borodin Member

Still showing 1.1.11, here, via Steam. And the hotfixes were not supposed to change the version number, Dynamod.

As it's coming via Steam, the morning the developers are probably referring to is one in 2075. Specifically during the winter. Possibly January. But don't count on it.

9. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

10. Merneith

Merneith Member

The patch just downloaded for me this minute. There was an update to the Steam client that asked to install, then once I did that, the Dredmor patch downloaded.

Here are the notes from Steam's update page:
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_updates

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yep, it's out now folks.

12. Warlock

Warlock Member

acquiring patch now. glad to get sucked back into the dungeon, I have to get my new Rogue crafter build a try.

13. echoMateria

echoMateria Member

My current save isn't working properly with this patch. I had half cleared the 14th floor including it's zoo at level 34. Took a break. Now when I load, I'm at floor 6 at level 19...

I had the hotfix from this forum installed, since I wasn't able to progress without it, now it seems it's back to the point that I got that.

I have my saves backed up, since frequent crashes were making me worry that they'll get corrupted. But even putting those into the folder in documents doesn't get me back to where I left.

I put the hotfix back in and it let me get back to where I left.

http://patches.gaslampgames.com/dredmor/dredmor_hotfix_final_v5.zip

14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

That is *very* strange; the patch is identical to hotfix V5.

Please send your save game to contact@gaslampgames.com? Also, try refreshing your Steam update.

15. echoMateria

echoMateria Member

I verified the integrity of my game cache and copied over the save backup multiple times to try again with the same result. I am okay as long as I can finish the game this or that way, but in the case it helps you identify the problem, I'll send the save file right away... Sent.

Edit: Turns out Dredmor was just behind the door I was standing next to. "Was" being the keyword ;)

16. Borodin

Borodin Member

It's a trap. If you download the supposed patch, it will steal away your ability to have children.

17. Why does Lucky Pick v2.0 only work on doors, and not chests?

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oversight. Really, it should be two skills.

19. Is there a flag like openchests="1" we could apply to, say, Lockup that would accomplish that goal?

20. Stryke

Stryke Member

Still don't touch those levers in Wizardlands! Just got mugged on a level 2 one by two evil clones as I thought they'd been moved to level 12 and below only.

Before anyone asks, yes it was a new code.