[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yep.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

*problem delivery truck*
    Ok Fax, I'm really enjoying your mods, and since I deleted the Debacle of Diggles, I didn't run in any other problems. I call this time "the big fat marriage of blows", since I couldn't, in any ways, past floor 3 with whichever character. I don't know if the vanilla game has became more difficult, or it's for the massive mods I've thrown in it, but it was really, REALLY difficult for me to get past 3rd floor.
    Then, I've chosen the Gish path, using a combination of (mostly) vanilla skills... with the egyptian magic. Then killing stuff became really easy there (I've taken both magic training and ley walker, so basically infinite mana for me), and the floors were shiftly beaten, one after another.
    But, this is the point of the post, something interrupted my bloodbath. Not a miniboss, not a huge zoo, neither a trap, nor the most strange mobs I've ever seen (tacows, i'm talking to you), but something different. Something more insidious. A crash. The plague a friend of mine told me about in different times, and that I never though i could fall into.
    Long story short, I've instantly subscribed to a mod i though that could be useful, sooner or later, the Cheat mod, that helped me dig (literally) through the dungeon, each time in a different reincarnation (read like this: different characters with every time a different mod disabled). It was just a matter of time until I could discover the thruth.
    Not the gods rooms from Summoner, nor other room skills. It was the Vaults of Maslech. Another of your mods. Again.
    So, basically, I went here to note this error, but since I wanted to show you that this mod (and also the debacle of diggles) is very, very appreciated by me, I've just ended up writing all this.
    I like your works, I like this mod. So I'll go through the .xml to see if there is something wrong, but I can do this only next Friday, since tomorrow I'm going to sea for a couple of days. Maybe you can fix this by there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Question: Is there the possibility of being trapped inside a mysterious portal due to not having a shove or teleport? Worse, is it possible to be trapped because you have a shove and NOT a teleport, or vice versa?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. delta534

delta534 Member

After my experience with this mod, yes to both.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

That... ew.

That's just a bad idea IMO. Forces you to build with this mod in mind.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

Then don't go portal diving. But I get your point. You have this cool portal, but some parts of it will get you killed in the worst way possible, trapped. But really, I usually have alteast one teleport skill in my set for those sticky situations where I need to get away from the deadly monster. Or towards them if using a melee character. All in all, teleport's a really useful utility skill.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

I almost never leave home without a push. However, teleports and especially controlled teleports are very rare. There's one in Math, there's one in Leylines, there's one in Dodge, there's the Rocket Jump and there's Moving in Mysterious Ways... can't think of any more. That's way too few to be having rooms that could trap you forever if you don't have one, and way too many of them are deep into their trees (therefore making it more likely that you have the skill tree, but not the skill.)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. FaxCelestis

If you take the skill provided by this mod, you will have both a shove and a teleport.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

But what if I don't waaaaant to?

Point taken--you introduce a single skill that's pretty universally useful and reduces the hardship. Having to specifically build in order to enter mysterious portals is still questionable IMO but far from the Worst Possible Thing.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Jellp

Jellp Member

Next up: pure transparent traps.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

I also forgot to include the fact that I use enough skill mods that if I scroll to the bottom of the list, I can't see the vanilla skills.That adds a few more teleport skills to the bunch, like cooliomancy and hitchhiker and others I forgot since I haven't used them yet. Actually, there is one more skill to get past the teleport required room, tunneling. Dig out the walls and make your own path. However, only 2 skills tree has this skill. As more those invisible traps, I still think that the grog trap is much much worse. It's like, ooh, free drinks, ow, better remember this. Then it repeats no matter what.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

Dungeon Delver has a dig too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

I also have more mods than your body has room for. The only ones I can think of are hitchhiker, coolio, pony, and I think one more that I can't remember, and of those only the Sonic Rainboom is directed and it's six skills deep in the pony tree. Srsly.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Is there a reason why Kronging a Dungeons for Dummies result in no enchantments being added to it, and when I get it from Inconsequentia, it's exactly like the basic one?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Because it has a zero artifact rating? I will have to check. But that is my guess.

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Code:
    <item name="Dungeons for Dummies" iconFile="sprites/tome_dummies.png" overrideClassName="Tome" artifact="1" >
        <price amount="100" />
        <armour level="1" type="shield" />
        <primarybuff id="0" amount="1" />
        <primarybuff id="1" amount="1" />
        <primarybuff id="2" amount="1" />
        <primarybuff id="3" amount="1" />
        <primarybuff id="4" amount="1" />
        <primarybuff id="5" amount="1" />
        <artifact quality="0" />
        <description text="Every little bit counts." />
        </item>
    Yep. Artifact quality is zero here.

17. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Ah, k. Thanks. That's a little sad. I think I'll change it to 1 myself just so that when I get it as a quest reward it doesn't feel like a waste of a reward.

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Going down from 5th to 6th floor still crash my game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Not just me, huh? I wondered if this mod was to blame.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Damn, I completely forgot about the Brown-Nose Pantheist. Though, to be honest, I'm just intimidated by the amount of coding Krong's Reforging is going to take. I'm thinking about changing it altogether.

OmniaNigrum likes this.