The Ominous Timer (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Or it will be an announcement that we've been trolled. :)

2. Or possibly it's a "We want to announce Project Odin by then but maybe we can't make that deadline so lets hedge our bets with an Ominous Timer that we can pick the meaning of after the fact" :p

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Wootah

Wootah Member

Does this thread mean that I am exonerated for making the first thread?
    after it got moved, I decided not to speculate on odin but now that we are here.

I would love to believe it could be any of the following:
    1. ODIN
    a. Detailed announcement​
    b. BETA!​
    i. Randomly Drawn from GSG forum Members​
    ii. Given based on number of posts here​
    iii. Given based on the like/post ratio​
    iv. Given to sweet modders​
    c. Available for purchase from Steam (nobody knows what it is)​
    2. Dredmor for iPad!
    3. Diggle Plushies
    4. Announcing Dredmor Con!
    -Toronto​
    -Las Vegas​
    -Euro Disneyland​

Considering they seem to have used the word ominous when referring to Odin before (that and they moved the original topic OUT of this forum), I really do hope it is ODIN reveal. Beta Reveal.

If you guys want me to guess what Odin is... I would guess that it is a

-Singleplayer (although already announced as multiplayer)
    -Strategy
    -Building/Sim/Terrain Modification/Defense survival
    -Random map generation
    -Alien Invasion/Industrial accident

Of course you guys have said that it is multiplayer which would be harder to wrap my mind around given the above. Given all the activity on twitter ( which sadly isn't referred to as much on the forums as I would expect), the alien invasion aspect of Odin seems a given. You have a compound that you have to survive on while upgrading it and improving defenses/survivability. An industrial accident seems a bit to overplayed from the zombie generating 'science' and the related games of that genre.

The real question here is why has nobody done patent searching yet to find the real name?
    I mean they have to have it by now. blizzard gets a lot of their stuff spoiled that way.
    I have already tried but don't know how to do it. Both american and canadian. (but I did learn that the canadian trademark office " is accepting applications for the registration of trade-marks consisting of a sound " So that is kinda cool)

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

You might have a better time checking other Canadian Government Websites.

In particular, we have Micah Best working with us under a grant from a rather large industrial/academic acceleration program...

Wootah likes this.
  5. Wootah

Wootah Member

Thanks for the tip Nicholas, Does this mean that the game is cloud based?

6. Yes, but for real this time

7. Verendus

Verendus Member

Well, August 27th is my second cousin once removed's birthday, but I don't think the Gaslamp people know that. The PAX website has a similar ominous timer counting down to their opening, which combined with the straw poll from twitter, suggests they'll be revealing something at PAX, but PAX doesn't start until the 31st, and I doubt they would reveal it 4 days before PAX, and then again at the event. So I'm stumped.

8. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

It's a countdown to the day before GW2, at which time GLG will announce a temporary partnership with A-net, showing us the first ever SS of Diggles in GW2...GEEEE!!!

Daynab likes this.
  9. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

The seconds counter has disappeared, it only shows days, hours and minutes now.
    This is clearly a significant change that we should all speculate upon... or perhaps a bug with my browser...

10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

timer.jpg

Oooh, kinkeh <3

11. Dynamod

Dynamod Member

Has anyone seen the forboding scribbles in game? some of them seem to reference a michael... could they possibly be related to the countdown? I never noticed them before recently.

12. Frelus

Frelus Member

Look at Null's post in the Odin speculation thread.
    He decyphered them.

13. Jellp

Jellp Member

the seconds have dissappeared for me on the countdown, evil magic is apon the countdown!

14. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

When the countdown ends, Gaslamp will let us know the exact day of the big announcement!

Oh please can it be this.

Jellp, OmniNegro and eskr like this.
  15. eskr

eskr Member

@jhffmn Haha :)

16. eskr

eskr Member

That was a joke.

17. Verendus

Verendus Member

At the five-day mark, the minutes column will disappear. At the two and a half day mark,the hours column will disappear. And then, just as the counter hits zero, the days column will disappear. And then the author of the mysterious scribblings will open one of his six mouths, and sing the song that ends the world.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is a clear and obvious Z̶̶̛̜̭̫͇̟̞̤͉̏̀̈͂̍Å̵̛͇͙͇͎͓͖̫̱̪̣̿̅͆ͦ͗̇͘͡L̨̡̲͖̲̱͍̜͚̽̇ͫ͒̓͋ͨͭ̐̕G̶ͦ͑͊͏͏̟̯̝͇̭͕͎͔͎̰͓̫͖͈̥͖̦̹͘͘ͅO̵̡̻͚̺̻ͤ̀͌̄͑̆̽͑̈̓͗̓͂̍̅!̸̧̺͈͍̟̝̣͉̙̀ͬ̄͢͢ reference. Well done too. :D

19. Gaslamp Games is confirmed to be at the Indie Megabooth at PAX. The roster says that they are showing off DoD. I have a feeling they will be showing off something else, but are waiting to announce it themselves before its known

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.