Achievement bugs - again? Seriously?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mr_Strange, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I'm an unapologetic achievement-grubber. I 1000-point my Xbox games, I scour guides for the best way to avoid missing achievements - they are a major motivation for me.

So the ongoing bugs which have prevented me from getting 20 or more achievements in DoD are driving me NUTS!

First - When 1.1.1 came out I finally got "playing for both teams." THANK YOU!

Unfortunately, all my counters (eating eggs, heroic vandalism, 1000 potions) reset AGAIN! AARGH!

Also, I've maxed out the Paranormal Investigator tree on two different characters, and have not seen the achievement pop for it.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Counters - I was told there was a misunderstanding and achievements are still tracked by Valve instead of the game for now.

PI tree (and other new trees) will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix coming soon.

fixed upcoming fix coming

Turbo164 likes this.
  3. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

It's so interesting that I almost want to avoid getting any new capstone skills if I can't have the achievement...

Also, anyone have any clever strategies for getting Double Rainbow? Because - seriously.

4. alkaris

alkaris Member

Dual-wield, Archaelogy, Magic Law, no permadeath and luck. :)

5. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

Encrusting, encrusting, encrusting. I've got my dual Clockwork Ravagers dealing 12 different damage types right now.

6. delta534

delta534 Member

I would go with a no permadeath character, using Archaeology for double krong, encrust everything for damage types and pray for luck.

7. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I save scummed to get that achievement. This was before encrusting, and it's the only time i've ever save-scummed. Because honestly, without Save Scum/Arch/Encrust, the achievement is impossible.

8. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Let me rephrase - what skills / craftable items can you use to GUARANTEE certain damage?

Astrology gives one :dmg_righteous:, Unarmed or Wand Lore gives :dmg_aethereal:, Viking Wizardry gives :dam_voltaic:. So we just need 9 more damage types covered...

9. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Viking also gives :dmg_conflagratory:, Astrology also gives :dmg_aethereal:

Necronomeconomics, Vampirism, Fungal Arts can give :dmg_necromatic:

Alchemy can give :dmg_conflagratory::dam_voltaic::dmg_hyperborean::dmg_necromatic: (the floor usually gives me at least 2 of each per game though; also :dam_voltaic: from Voltaic Wands )

Vegan gives :dmg_righteous:

Demonology gives :dmg_righteous: and :dmg_conflagratory:

Staves and Warlockery give :dmg_aethereal:

Assassination gives :dmg_toxic:

...and Egyptian gives :dmg_toxic::dmg_necromatic::dmg_putrefying::dmg_righteous::dmg_conflagratory:. Which kinda makes most of the above lines worthless.

Egypt + voltaic potion/wand + cold potion, +any of the 5 :dmg_aethereal: leaves us pretty open ended skills for crafting/finding/Translating the others.

10. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

So - Egyptian + Astrology + common potions can give us:

:dmg_toxic::dmg_necromatic::dmg_putrefying::dmg_righteous::dmg_conflagratory::dmg_aethereal::dmg_hyperborean::dam_voltaic:

That means we're just missing:

:dmg_aphyxiative::dmg_existential::dmg_piercing::dmg_transmutative: . Right?

(Is Piercing counted in the list? I'm not sure...)

This seems like a very achievable list... I feel like there was a skill that granted :dmg_transmutative:...

11. delta534

delta534 Member

You're missing acid, blasting, crushing, and slashing damage.

12. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Blasting/Crushing/Slashing are basic types, so the achievement only needs one of the 3 (and your foot does Crushing in case you resort to Tomes)

Midas potions give :dmg_transmutative:

13. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I love it! So all we need is:

Egyptian Magic level 4 : :dmg_putrefying:,:dmg_toxic:,:dmg_necromatic:
    Astrology level 4 : :dmg_righteous:,:dmg_aethereal:
    Voltaic Potion : :dam_voltaic:
    Potion of Midas : :dmg_transmutative:
    Hyperborean Potion : :dmg_hyperborean:
    Infernal Potion : :dmg_conflagratory:
    Tome of Too Much Information / Universal Principles : :dmg_existential:
    The King in Yellow : :dmg_acidic:

So the ONLY element you need to get via Krong / Translation is :dmg_aphyxiative:. :dmg_existential: or :dmg_acidic: wouldn't hurt, since getting the right tomes could be tricky).

I'm off to get the achievement! I'm hoping the Midas potions work... the damage is done via a hit effect, and isn't listed directly on your damage bar, unlike the other elements...

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would almost swear :dmg_blast: is exotic, but the only one effected by armor.

15. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Yeah the Midas issue came to mind after I logged off last night, I'm not sure if it will work or not :( (and if it doesn't work, you'll have wasted some :dmg_conflagratory::dmg_hyperborean::dam_voltaic: potions too unless you can krong a real :dmg_transmutative: before they wear off...)

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

When I got the achievement, :dmg_aphyxiative: was the last one i needed. Boy, that was save-scumming hell. And this was before tomes and RotDG skills.

17. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

I've managed to get everything except for necromantic by enchanting and encrusting a pair of clockwork ravagers. Then again, I'm playing on hotfix 9, so it's not like the achievement matters.

18. JaC381

JaC381 Member

I had my counters reset too recently. Sometimes the game crashes, and when I bring Steam out to get back in, it looks like its downloading something - I think that's what caused it. Does Dredmor do small patches outside the big numbered ones? Or is that just Steam doing stuff?

Also, the You Used All The Glue on Purpose achieve doesn't have a counter shown in Steam, where many other counts do, even when they are at 0. Is this one working?

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like Steam doing stuff, you would know if there was a DoD update.

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. Wolg

Wolg Member

That'd be Steam cloud sync, happens on game exit (and Steam startup, if you've played the game on another machine using the same account).

OmniNegro likes this.