The Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

There need to be mods that people really like and generally agree that those should be part of the core game. Sure, they can just choose a few mods and add them like that, but if those mods aren't well-received, the results won't be great.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Well this was done already, wasn't it? I was under the impression that's what YHTNTEP was.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, it was. And that is why it's harder for them this time around - the standard has already been set, and people would expect it to be at least similar in quality this time; you can name your candidates, but there are many more mods now, and most of them not really as well-perceived as the ones added in YHTNTEP.

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Well, I hope someone can manage to make some excellent mods. I still haven't really used any mods myself, but I love seeing mods get official endorsement from the devs.

Jellp and Kazeto like this.
  5. GreyICE

GreyICE Member

Can I be honest?

I'd rather see you guys do a different game, rather than more expansion packs for Dungeons of Dredmor. This game is great, there is no question about it - and as a great game with a huge modding community, it doesn't need too much support. If you guys later did a YHTNTEP 2 or something, it'd be great, but really, lets see your talents going in a different arena~

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's what Odin is (a new game) :)

7. eskr

eskr Member

So... I know info is being announced in about a week, but do we know if it's a roguelike yet?
    The setting sound great from that's been revealed (/decoded). Just curious. :) Would love to see a more evolved roguelike
    come out of this team.

8. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

This post is a bit old and doesn't include the new secret strings but has a pretty decent collection of Things Gaslamp Has Said About Odin. Perhaps you'll get some ideas from it! Or perhaps it will horribly mislead you.
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/t...din-speculation-thread.2147/page-9#post-43013

eskr likes this.
  9. eskr

eskr Member

@Moom: Both sound fun, thanks! :)

10. rist

rist Member

Is there an ETA for the patch? I haven't wanted to play since CotW came out due to the passive monsters.

11. GreyICE

GreyICE Member

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening. Help!

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That's because it'll only work when the ominous counter gets down to 0.

13. shaken

shaken Member

So Project Odin is some sort of new monitor that accepts payment in the form of cold hard cash, that can then be used digitally? I'd say Gaslamp is onto something...

14. GreyICE

GreyICE Member

I'VE SEEN THE ANNOUNCEMENT AND THE SCREEN STILL WON'T TAKE MY MONEY

Kazeto and Lorrelian like this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That is because you are throwing dollars and not digglebucks.

OmniNegro, Lorrelian and Essence like this.
  16. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

I'd pay whatever you asked for an expanded game world.

You already mention several races we never see, which would be fun to see in a more historical, interactive, 'we've had a lot of wars with each other' kinda way.

Also, add the actual golems from the game (leves 6 through 8, I believe) to 'Golemancy' and change 'Archery' to 'Arbalism' and I'll throw in a tip.

(Erm... I love this game... I've said this in various places around the net...

Just to be clear.)

17. Nacho

Nacho Member

I'd gladly toss in a few more bucks for another dozen official skill trees and some new items and monsters.

18. Wootah

Wootah Member

It is about to be 2013!

I would love to see an updated roadmap! Plans for 1.1.3 in Dredmor?
    What about targetted goals for CE? Maybe even a closed beta for CE?

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah this is old. I'll unsticky this, we'll post a new roadmap when we have some concrete info to give out :)

20. Wootah

Wootah Member

In a forum of 6 posts, I am not sure the 'stickyness matters much, but i am super excited that there is going to be a new roadmap on the way, thank you :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.