Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Frandarre

Frandarre Member

Bought!

2. Konork

Konork Member

Damn, I was only making a quick joke to myself when I said it'd probably launch when I started the game to pass time.

3. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Oh, god. Why I have to always be at work when GLG releases an expansion? Now I have to wait all the night and then half a day to get some sleep and *then* I can finally buy and play it. I envy you guys and gals. :(

4. Movra

Movra Member

Yeah, bought DLC. Popup says "Steam has finished downloading Dungeons of Dredmor!" so off I go!

5. DJ999

DJ999 Member

I don't believe it, I can't buy it since my card is STILL locked from overuse during the steam sale. Guess no wizardlands for me. :(

6. Incomp

Incomp Member

Well here we go!

Pity about electric warrior, sure it would have been stunning.

YES PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION IS THE SKILL ALL CRAFTERS NEED NOW! WOW!

7. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Hey, Dj999, I'm sure someone could be nice enough to help you out. :)
    Also, yay! It's out.

Also, :( Omni.
    Oh, well, I knew it was only a matter of time before he did something really bad.

Had some lag issues for a bit, but it seems to work fine now.
    After loading it without Steam.
    Now, is there a way to say, download steamworks mods, and use them without being connected to steam?

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. k0rd

k0rd Member

Purchased, thanks :)

9. Frelus

Frelus Member

I think I read somewhere that the moddata in the steammods folder were just renamed .zip data.
    I do not know if that really is like that, or if someone made a mistake.

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

This is entirely true. You can literally just move the .dat files to your regular mods folder and switch the file extension from .dat to .zip and it'll work perfect.

11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yay! Thank you both. My computer is a bit unstable. I think it knows I'll replace it in a month. :)

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Why does Cthulhu have Batman wings in your Avatar picture? Wouldn't that be copyright infringement of DC Comics, kinda like my Wonder Woman Mod Skill?

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I got it from someone else, to be honest. Also, fair use allows things like that. :)
    Kind of like how no one can get in trouble for making a mod for a game that features a reference to Batman, via his armor or anything else.
    Or putting a Superman suit in a game.
    DC has way too many bigger issues to worry about. Like their new 52 ruining everything. :p

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Thank you to everyone wondering about me. I cannot really explain what the ban was for, but most of you know of at least a few things I *Should* have been banned for, so let us just say I finally got part of what I deserve. :D

CotW seems pretty good so far for me. I am getting ready to visit Diggle Hell and see what that is all about. I may have to buy a souvenir from the gift shop on the way out.

15. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I went through diggle hell 1.8 times. the 0.8 is where i took 3 runs where i didn't make it to the end due to dying to minions. All 4 times I never saw Vlad Digula.

16. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better, when I did my 2nd run I saw him twice. Is that supposed to happen? Because that really makes him quite a bit scarier than Dredmor.

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You mean he was placed on the level twice? That would be a bug if I understand. But not too bad of a bug. There are a number of minor issues with the level generator and placement of things and creatures. I was under the impression that minibosses were supposed to be more unique though.

18. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Yep, I fought him twice in the same Diggle Hell iteration.

It was... well, it was Hell. :p I had to distance myself quite a bit, and in the process kited him over his own corpse... if I had known, I would have screen capped it.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not a bug. He can spawn twice, but it's a rare occurrence.

OmniNegro likes this.