Does the Ominous Countdown refer to the impending patch...

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Borodin, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

...or the destruction of the known universe? Which do you think more likely? Inquiring minds need to know.

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's much closer to the latter.

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

.... or it might just refer to Odin being released in Beta or Alpha. :)

4. phasmy

phasmy Member

It's most likely when the Diggle portals will activate to release these dangerous creatures into the wild. Be afraid

5. Borodin

Borodin Member

Are you kidding? There are politicians of all parties that would send an Dredmor either running to hide, or running to ask for an autograph. I don't think just because Gaslamp is releasing diggles into the wild is any reason for us to be afraid. Rather, we should introduce them to the basic functions of human society.

Then, they can go run off into the wild...to escape us.

6. I am guessing it have something to do with Project Odin. The patch will come and a lot of people are waiting for it... but there were pre releases in the forums for a 1.1.2 beta so it will not be a big deal when it updates.

It may be Project Odin.

7. Borodin

Borodin Member

There were pre-releases of 1.12? Are you sure? Because the two emergency bugfixes I downloaded only dealt with item loss in the portal dimension, and crashes. That's nothing compared to what 1.12 has.

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Many hotfixes in The Current Bugs Thread in the bug section. They were all available in our IRC too.

Borodin likes this.
  9. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

The Countdown tells us how love we can live in our cozy nice world.
    After it passed we will be teleported into the Dungeon (all of mankind) and a fight for survival with perma death starts.

Only if dredmor is defeated will the remaining persons be set free .p

10. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I, for one, plan to be a Bankster and sell you guys crap. Good luck with that fighting stuff.

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

I know there were at least 4, but each dealt with only a very few issues--or so I thought. Since you know otherwise, can you point me to a lengthy list of what each hotfix solved?

12. Warlock

Warlock Member

I'll just throw in that the Wizardland geometry was changed quite significantly. A lot of rooms are now different. :p

13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I've already started designing my Diggbuchet,

14. Daynab

15. Borodin

Borodin Member

I probably wasn't too clear. Fausto-Martense wrote, "I am guessing it have something to do with Project Odin. The patch will come and a lot of people are waiting for it... but there were pre releases in the forums for a 1.1.2 beta so it will not be a big deal when it updates." I responded that I thought the 1.1.12 patch was a big deal, because the pre-releases were just emergency fixes for one or two major issues. So the Ominous Countdown (TM) could still refer just as easily to the forthcoming 1.1.12 patch.

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Changelog: 1. Ravens no longer sound like Battys. 2. Insurance Fraud exploit has been nerfed. 3. Root of T'char is no longer usable on a serious run without getting killed at some point. 4. Cannonballs now make noise. 5. Exp, money and Lutefisk from Caltrop Eruptors decreased. 6. Social Healthcare nerfed to the bone. 7. Player debuff from sandstorm is unnecessary. The other nerfs to sandstorm are fine.(Higher cooldown would be a better nerf than higher mana cost) 8. The new daggers are out! Yay!

Edit: Seeing how Egyptian magic's main damage spell has been nerfed a little too much, I'm probably not gonna play it aside from the skill cap achievement. Then again, I rarely play Wizard builds.(Or any build with 3 or more wizard skills, unless it's a random skill run.

17. My bad! I just thought that the hotfixes were like a pre 1.1.2 since I read somewhere that it was called 1.1.2 beta... so I assumed it was a mayor fix.

18. Daynab

Nicholas first referred to the Ominous Countdown in the Odin thread ssoooooooo...

19. Borodin

Borodin Member

You're just trying to tease us into going mad. Well it won't work, I tell you. IT WON'T!!! :eek:

20. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The Eye of Ra is crazy good even without Sandstorm. Trust me, Egyptian Magic is still good even if you only call a sandstorm on zoos.