Windows Vista/7 64-bit Monsters are now almost passive, makes game lame.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rist, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

I guess along with adding that there are more peaceful monsters than ever before (I stepped on a teleporter yesterday and all 3 monsters in the room were peaceful) I am seeing more monsters run away in fear. What triggers this?

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

The usual way is: kill the leader of a group of minions in their presence and the ones that are left will scatter. There's probably a skill effect for it as well, but I haven't encountered it in any of my builds to date. It may just be RNG screw, but since CotW popped I've been seeing a lot more non-Inconsequentia "this monster is the leader of..." spawns without the Named Monster Glow Of Doom, then had to chase the others down because their leader got kersplatted first.

3. SaintWacko

SaintWacko Member

I've been noticing this a lot too. Makes me use my Rocket-Powered Punch a lot more.

4. eskr

eskr Member

I think the "scatter when leader is killed" is actually a great addition. It should probably be accompanied by some flavor tet "Run away!", but it creates, potentially, new tactics. Where your focus is on killing a single character to get out of a bind rather than just looking for a bottleneck.