Why is it that if I paste an older copy of a character save it somehow loads a more recent version?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Bohandas, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Why and how is it that if I paste an older copy of a savegame for a character over the current one, it somehow loads a more recent version? And how do I stop it from doing this?

Also, where is it keeping these backup copies that it must be storing of the most current saves? It isn't keeping them on the Steam cloud; it still does this even if I physically disconnect my network cable.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's...uh, weird. Are you certain it's an older copy? sometimes the thumbnails show the wrong character or moment.

If yeah, try deleting the folder your saves are in and let the game recreate it, then paste your save back in.

3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I think you may have misunderstood me. I was trying to replace the current copy with an older one, because the more recent one glitched out.

I've since discovered that I can accomplish what I'm trying to do by pasting in the backup while the load screen is already running.
    (but is there any simpler way to do this?)

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oh, it's a problem with the steam cloud. You can use -nukesteamcloud in the arguments if you want to well, nuke it.

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

How is that possible? I even physically removed my network cable.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's possible that Steam stores the cloud data locally on top of online for those purposes? I have no idea how it works.

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

There is a backup folder for the content uploaded to the cloud, and that folder is on your disk, not an online one.

8. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Mine's stopped working right at all. I get random classes, some I've either never taken, or haven't in a long while. This is when I delete saved games.

9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The one in Documents/Gaslamp Games/Dungeons of Dredmor? Because that's the one I replaced.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No, there's another one (the one I'm referring to; the one you mentioned is DoD's folder, not Steam's one), and you'll have to search for it to find it.

11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I tried this and its still doing it.