No hammer for Dwarven Atom-Smasher?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Kyrie, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

I was using my smithing/tinkering/clockwork knight and found the recipe to make the Dwarven Atom-Smasher who uses a Hammer (the one you begins with Communism Skill line), a bottle of Vodca and tho Bolt of Mass Destruction and I played a big bunch of runs and NEVER found the hammer (the recipe I found at least 4 times).

I dunno if I'm being too paranoic or only (very, very, very...) unlucky but it resumes me to 3 options:

1. You can only do the recipe if you begin with communism.
    2. The Hammer and the Scycle can't be found randomly on the dungeon (cause you know, Dredmor is a Pig of Captalism).
    3. Or I'm the unluckyest person in the world and didn't found a Hammer or a Scycle in any of my at least 8 runs...

I can't stop thinking that the hammer was't added on the random list to be found, but sadly I can't be sure...

2. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

I don't recall seeing a plain old hammer either, thought technically a *real* dwarven atom smasher should be a bridge with a handle on it ;).

3. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I propose adding the hammer to the Perception lucky finds.

4. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

If we do this the item still will be class dependant, and I dont think this is right...

5. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

I believe you are referring to Brax.

Actually, I propose that Brax have a chance to spawn a Hammer and/or Sickle under him, so he jumps up and down on them. If you try to steal somethingredistribute his wealth, you can then pick them up while he's blocking the door.

It should also be craftable with a Gnarled Club + Potato :D

Kyrie likes this.
  6. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

Yeah, that is a rather critical oversight.
    Maybe they could have an enermy that drops them?

7. Warlock

Warlock Member

I posted this in the Suggestion forums for the devs to take a look.

Kyrie likes this.
  8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Huh. So, basically, I'm wasting my time looking for a hammer?

9. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Ah.
    -- adding Hammer to the craft list for the next patch. Will also allow it to spawn rather more commonly.

Kyrie and Turbo164 like this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I know I'm being a bother now, but I think it would be fun if we could also craft Hammer and Sickle into an amulet or ring (or anything of the kind, really) called "Hammer and Sickle". Because people would expect such a thing to be possible.

11. Warlock

Warlock Member

In Soviet Russia, Symbolism is inspired by YOU!

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Frelus

Frelus Member

In Soviet Russia, when the abyss gazes into you for long, you also gaze into it.
    (I tried to turn around the He Who Fights Monsters part, too, but it hurt my brain :()
    Also, whoever made the orcish weapons (I believe it was a mod) could also add an Orcish Hammer and Sickle weapon that is a hammer and sickle glued to each other.
    Warlocks Russian Reversal could be incorporated in an onkill buff that gives you some stats and is procced only when you wear the Hammer and Sickle amulet ;)