I thought RotDG added 5 new levels?

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Cyrus, May 4, 2012.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Am I wrong? Just killed Dredmor at 10, game ended.

I just don't know what I'm talking about, do I.

-Cyrus

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's supposed to! that's really weird. Do you have access to the new skills? I'd try a reinstall.

3. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Cyrus, did you install RotDG in the middle of a game, or start a new character after installing RotDG? If you'd already been to floor 10 before buying RotDG, the old Dredmor would already be generated, and there'd be no stairs to floor 11.

If this was a fresh new post-RotDG character but the game ended on floor 10 anyway, then you probably need to re-install.

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Sorry for such a late reply, comps been down for a while.

Started new after installing. Even picked new skills, because they're still there. The monsters, Items, all the rest of the new stuff is still there. I guess I'll load another character and see if I can get him there. That was actually my first time getting to 10.

Will be paying more attention to this thread now that my pc is running again.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If you have already tried reinstalling then we will need more information. Specifically what distribution method you used. Steam? GameFly? Desura? (Desura just got RotDG a day or two ago, so that cannot be the one.)

If nothing else fixes this then I will generate a few MD5 hashes of the Executable and a few specific files as well as a list of files that should exist but may have been botched somehow. Also, next time you are ready to start a new character, try deleting your entire DoD user directory including the mods subdirectory. That way if anything there from a previous install somehow managed to get locked as read only then it will no longer get in the way. (I think the game recreates those things when it cannot find them.)

Windows version I presume?

Exile likes this.
  6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Let us know if it still happens, obviously you'll need to get to 10 to see.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Daynab has a good point. You can add "-debug-flag" to your shortcut to start in debug mode and press the lowercase l as in lemon to gain 15 levels. Then press the lowercase p as in pear to go down a level as if you used a staircase.

You can gain as many levels as you want to for your testing, but try not to use it when really playing as it will ruin your fun.

Here is a screenshot of my shortcut so you can see how it looks. This is in Windows 7 x64 and should work identically in all Windows systems. Please save every time you go down stairs, as going down stairs is the most likely thing to cause a crash in my experience.
    example debug.jpg

Exile likes this.
  8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Also, make sure you turn the RotDG levels *on* at the starting screen! If they're disabled, you'll get the new content and skills but the game will have the normal length.

Exile likes this.
  9. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

Do these new levels now mean that after you kill Lord Dredmor you haven't won yet? You have to do something else on level 15?

10. marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod Member

You have to get futher to find dredmor

11. Warlock

Warlock Member

And he's also a good deal tougher than his vanilla version.

12. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

I see, thank you for the info.