The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Feature, not a bug.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Animals attack you in Wizardlands, even if you're a vegan. Intended or bug?

Edit: Just encountered a really weird bug in the Wizardlands. I was playing Vegan Vampire with Necro. Killed some monsters, etc. Then I ate some corpses...my health dropped from 15 to 5. Then I ate another corpse and it went to -1. Game froze and would not let me move. I saved and quit, loaded and had 1 hp. Ate another corpse and I had -2 hp, same thing happened. Saved and quit, loaded again. This time I waited for my vegan debuff to wear off, then ate a corpse, and it went fine-- I had positive 4 hp.

tl;dr eating corpses is broken on Wizardlands, possibly when you have vegan debuffs on?

3. shaken

shaken Member

Now that one sounds fun to debug.

4. rydash

rydash Member

I'm wondering if I should have split the Gameplay section out into Skills and Items, considering it was getting very large.

5. Highwang

Highwang Member

According to some of my friends, the skill "Bailout" just doesn't work. He'll use it but still have the debuffs from every bad credit buff. This is pretty terrible considering its an ultimate that doesnt work, but also Banker debuffs get so horrifying later on.

6. Aresius

Aresius Member

Hitting digest in the pocket dimension makes the game enter an infinite loop.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

- Cannot save the game on Windows installations with non-ASCII file paths. (Polish, Portugese, Korean have been cited as culprits.)

(Aresius, I love your Avatar. You win the Forum today.)

Exile likes this.
  8. Aegho

Aegho Member

I can't save the game on my windows installation with an ASCII file path.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Kaerius\Mina dokument\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor
    (copy pasta'd from my windows folder address bar).

9. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Well, see, I am running into this issue while working on my new mod...but I am also NOT running into this issue...for instance:

This works just fine. There is a buff and an <effect type="trigger"/> and both the trigger and the buff go off (just tested this about 2 minutes ago). Similar coding to this works on several other spells in my new mod.

Code:
    <spell name="Temperance" type="self" icon="skills/alchemical_inspiration32.png">
    <buff useTimer="0" removable="1" allowstacking="0" stacksize="1" self="1" icon="skills/alchemical_inspiration64.png" smallicon="skills/alchemical_inspiration32.png" bad="0" >
    <secondarybuff id="4" amount="-10"/>
    <secondarybuff id="5" amount="-10"/>
    <secondarybuff id="17" amount="3"/>
    <secondarybuff id="18" amount="1"/>
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Vow of Temperance" amount="0"/>
    <description text="Temperance is all about knowing your limits and being aware of/reacting appropriately to your surroundings. Traps are in your surroundings. Monsters too. Best to see them coming."/>
    </spell>

However this did not work (I would get the buff, but none of the other triggers would work, so I'd have a blank buff and nothing else):

Code:
    <spell name="Patience" type="self" icon="skills/fizzle32.png">
    <buff useTimer="1" time="15" allowstacking="0" stacksize="1" self="1" icon="skills/fizzle64.png" smallicon="skills/fizzle32.png" bad="0" >
    </buff>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fear of the Almighty" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Stunned by the Light" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire from the Heavens" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Vow of Patience" amount="0"/>
    <description text="Wait for it..."/>
    </spell>

...until I changed it to this:

Code:
    <spell name="Wait For It" type="self">
    <buff useTimer="1" time="15" allowstacking="0" stacksize="1" self="1" icon="skills/fizzle64.png" smallicon="skills/fizzle32.png" bad="0" >
    </buff>
    </spell>

<spell name="Patience" type="self" icon="skills/fizzle32.png">
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Wait For It" amount="0"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fear of the Almighty" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Stunned by the Light" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire from the Heavens" amount="16"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Vow of Patience" amount="0"/>
    </spell>

...and now all the triggers go off and I get the buff...aka it works.

So yeah, it seems that some buffs and triggers in the same spell work fine, others do not, no clue why...

10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Great Pumpkinns (a miniboss) are spawning semi-frequently on Floor 2 (two floors before normal Pumpkinns show up) as normal bosses (with phoneme'd names and everything).

This is particularly annoying because I"m on NTTG so whenever I kill one of these things I invariably waste a crapload of XP.

11. Just found what may be a bug: leveled up to a spell/skill-adding level (It Belongs In A Museum, to be precise), and the button for it didn't automatically appear on the spellbar, I had to manually add it using the "+" tab on the appropriate slot.

NOTE: Next level up, Psychokinetic Shove slotted into a spell slot as expected automatically. Might just be IBIAM?

12. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Modding bug: skill mods using the skillname syntax and have a skillname="" starting with "A" apparently are somehow not counted by the game when it comes to granting archetype stats when used to level up. Very strange indeed.

13. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

What a random bug...

14. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

It's actually even worse than that. I'm not sure what exactly is triggering this, but skillName="" cannot contain "Arcanist", "Awcanist", or "Brcanist" without breaking archetype stats (but not skill levels). I've yet to try anything else.

15. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I am still trying to figure out what makes some trigger effects work in the same spell as a buff and keeps other trigger effects from working in the same spell as a buff...it's driving me a bit bonkers.

That and the wild crash I keep having with this one ability I am working on...

16. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

I can say for sure that skillname="Testing" works, though.

17. Highwang

Highwang Member

Another weird bug: apparently killing Banana the Hutt locked my game. Tiles are still animated and i can move my mouse but inputs cant be put in at all and I can't move whatsoever.

Edit: Hmm. Seems like this was a one-time occurance. Using Meteor Drop on this boss again killed it per usual and I could continue. weird.

18. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Who's responsible of the dungeon's decor? Sometimes it doesn't make any sense:

[​IMG]

How am I suppose to get to those stairs!?!

And I've seen this happening several times.

19. Musaab

Musaab Member

Gaslamp is gonna be pretty busy with this list...but I am happy to see that all the bugs I wanted to report are already on the list. Excellent work!

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Any attack with knockback. And the generation is random, we loathe that such craziness is happening as much as you do.