Bankster + Fleshcrafter combo

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Psiweapon, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

1: Locate a gargoyle acid bolt trap

2: Zombyfycate a dead monster

3: Enchant the zomby with insurance fraud

4: Dump your toxic assets on the zomby (if needed)

5: Make the zomby step on the gargoyle acid bolt trap

6: Re-Zombyfycate the now-dead zomby servant

7: Repeat from step 3.

It's giving me 3600 zorkmids each repeat, on dungeon level 1, dunno how will it work like on deeper levels.

Frandarre likes this.
  2. Borodin

Borodin Member

I wonder how long it will take before the development team apply the Torch of Nerfing to this? Any bets?

3. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Sometimes it even triggers multiple times, probably related to other, previously insuranced and animate zombyes on the same square

4. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

If you repeat it enough times, eventually the game derps out and can trigger like 4-5 times per zomby killed. I have aroind 150000 zorkmids now, on dungeon level one.

But hey, isn't this what bankster is supposed to be all about? :D

5. Borodin

Borodin Member

That's not a bankster. That's a munchkin. ;)

6. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

banksters are the real-world munchkins

mining, Giygas, Aegho and 1 other person like this.
  7. Warskull

Warskull Member

That sounds pretty bankster to me, find a hole is the system and abuse, lie, and fraud the your way to riches. Repeat until you crash the global economy.

mining and Psiweapon like this.
  8. Glazed

Glazed Member

It's really much easier than that. One, you can attack your own pets and kill them, so you don't need the trap. Two, the exploit is much simpler:
    1. Cast Insurance Fraud on a corpse.
    It won't work on a floor tile where you've already cast Insurance Fraud on a corpse. It also won't work on a monster you already cast the spell on. But if you kill more than one thing on a single tile, you can cast the spell once and get the money for every corpse.

Step 1 can be easy if you use a spell to summon a pet and kill it yourself. On level 2 I'm getting 6,700 or 5,500 zorkmids per corpse.

EDIT: The game just contradicted me and let me cast it on a dead zomby on top of a dead mummy. Hmmm...

9. Bankster skill's been out less than 48 hours and we already have malfeasance.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It was expected, really :)

11. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

People are using the bankster skill to fraudulently produce money?

Isn't that the whole point of the Bankster skill?

12. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Haha.

OK. But um, you're clever people -- any ideas on how to plug this hole? We could just make insurance fraud apply only to the player, but I love the idea of having spells that can be used on player or monster to (slightly) different effect.

... considering having it spawn Dred Collectors if it's stacked and abused. Hmm. I'll come up with something next week.

13. Incomp

Incomp Member

Hyper inflation if you get too much money too quickly?

Counterfeiting?

14. Glazed

Glazed Member

Would affectsCorpses="0" help?

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh god yes; that's going to happen so hard.

16. Glazed

Glazed Member

I think that solves the entire problem. Should be easy to test. Casting it on a corpse is the only real exploit.

17. This reminds me: what's the intended return of this skill? I'm a little unclear what I'm supposed to do with it, unless the answer is "spam on entire zoo, AOE zoo for laughs"

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

If you can do it, that's one of the correct answers.

19. Borodin

Borodin Member

Perhaps have Toxic Assets turn anything it's used on immediately and irrevocably hostile? That way, he'll lose the zombie.

Essence likes this.
  20. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

If the zombie is hostile, it may be even easier to guide it to the trap. Also, that can be worked around with the use of spare zombies.